Where does Kevin Durant go?

brownie man

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you're Brooklyn do you take a package that includes OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr, Scottie Barnes but no picks?

No. A hell no at that. I read a report that a executive said that Ayton, Bridges, Cam, and 5 FRP's isnt good enough to get KD. We have heard the Nets arent interested in Barnes or Ayton anyway.

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No. A hell no at that. I read a report that a executive said that Ayton, Bridges, Cam, and 5 FRP's isnt good enough to get KD. We have heard the Nets arent interested in Barnes or Ayton anyway.

Sean Marks?

20 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Barnes is by far a better asset then anything the Suns are offering.

21 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Another executive said that Herro, Robinson, Lowry, and picks was the best package you're going to get.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Barnes is by far a better asset then anything the Suns are offering.

I don’t doubt that at all. The Nets just aren’t interested in Barnes. I’m assuming the players the Nets are interested in are on the list that can’t be traded for bc of Simmons and even if the Nets could make a way to get players like Towns or Bam either the team don’t want to trade them in case of Towns or in the case of Bam KD don’t want to go to the Heat unless Bam is on the team. So either way the Nets still won’t get what they are looking for. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I don’t doubt that at all. The Nets just aren’t interested in Barnes. I’m assuming the players the Nets are interested in are on the list that can’t be traded for bc of Simmons and even if the Nets could make a way to get players like Towns or Bam either the team don’t want to trade them in case of Towns or in the case of Bam KD don’t want to go to the Heat unless Bam is on the team. So either way the Nets still won’t get what they are looking for. 

For a rebuilding team I’d probably value Barnes more then Bam or KAT.

j don’t see any good teams trading 3 young starters and 5 picks for 34 year old Durant.

Edited by NYRaider

Do you do...

Nets receive: 2029 1st (Lakers)

Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving, Josh Richardson

Spurs receive: Russell Westbrook, Talen Horton-Tucker, 2023 1st (Jazz), 2027 1st (Lakers), 2028 pick swap (Lakers)

Jazz receive: Jakob Poeltl

Brings the Nets under the tax line/creates a $37M trade exception and the Spurs get 3 future draft assets to make it happen. @CWood21

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do you do...

Nets receive: 2029 1st (Lakers)

Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving, Josh Richardson

Spurs receive: Russell Westbrook, Talen Horton-Tucker, 2023 1st (Jazz), 2027 1st (Lakers), 2028 pick swap (Lakers)

Jazz receive: Jakob Poeltl

Brings the Nets under the tax line/creates a $37M trade exception and the Spurs get 3 future draft assets to make it happen. @CWood21

I don't hate it, but it pretty much completely locks the Lakers ability to maneuver beyond this deal.  Depending on those protections on that pick going to Brooklyn, it's probably doable.  I still maintain that if the Nets are taking $37M off the books immediately that they shouldn't be getting much in return.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't hate it, but it pretty much completely locks the Lakers ability to maneuver beyond this deal.  Depending on those protections on that pick going to Brooklyn, it's probably doable.  I still maintain that if the Nets are taking $37M off the books immediately that they shouldn't be getting much in return.

They can waive Kyrie and spread his cap hit out to 5 years. And if the Nets were concerned with ducking the tax at all costs they wouldn’t have absorbed Royce into their TPE or paid Mills/Claxton what they did. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They can waive Kyrie and spread his cap hit out to 5 years. And if the Nets were concerned with ducking the tax at all costs they wouldn’t have absorbed Royce into their TPE or paid Mills/Claxton what they did. 

They can spread it over 3 years, not 5.  It's double plus one when it comes to stretching contracts.  The Nets want to be a playoff team from what I've seen/read.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They can spread it over 3 years, not 5.  It's double plus one when it comes to stretching contracts.  The Nets want to be a playoff team from what I've seen/read.

How does moving Kyrie for nothing in return help them make the playoffs exactly?

On 7/1/2022 at 4:07 PM, stl4life07 said:

I was actually thinking about the Kobe situation. I remember he said back then to the Lakers organization to trade him. They didnt do it and he stayed with the team.

The only issue is the difference being KD never really wanted to come to Brooklyn. He only went there bc of Kyrie. Its a weird dynamic if you think about it. KD didnt want Brooklyn - Brooklyn didnt want Kyrie - Kyrie wanted Brooklyn - KD wanted to follow his boy Kyrie - Nets felt the only way to get KD is to suck it up and stomach getting Kyrie and fingers crossed KD will help things be as smooth as possible. It didnt work out.

With all that being said, if Im the Nets Im playing the long game. Im not going to give KD away and Im not going to get less than what they think they should get. Whats the worse could happen? KD sits out this season for the Nets or just mails it in? If he does that then his whole "all he want to do is show up and hoop" persona will be thrown out the window. So if the Nets have to wait to trade KD before the trade deadline during the season or even wait till next offseason they should do it if it means they can get the deal they want.

Hypothetical: If you know you could wait till next offseason and trade KD for whomever has the 1st overall pick and then the Nets can draft Wembanyama, would you do it? I sure would bc many is saying Wembanyama is the best prospect since LeBron. He is a combo of KD and Gobert.

The issue with that is whoever has the 1st pick laughs Brooklyn out of the room.

• Like 1