General Talk

DoleINGout

He would probably do great things with Fields.. that and I would be very interested in seeing if Josh Allen regresses with him gone. 

BB has had a decade of coaches / front office being stolen from his organization .. I'd like to see how other teams in the division handle some of the same. BB has it especially tough because he never seems to hire people outside of the organization for big roles.. he's all about promoting from within. 

Big concern seeing both Mayo and Mcdaniels being likely to get head coaching jobs. 

They can handle one going, but 2 would be a big blow to the team. Especially with Mayo, I think you can handle losing him with BB being here ( and you get 2 3rd round comp picks) .. but losing Josh would be a big issue. I have no idea who they would even get to replace him.. no internal candidates and if Bill O Brian gets another job you've got nobody with experience in the system. 

Ideally you would want Mac to have Josh his first 2-3 years of his career while he establishes himself in the league. 

Given the ACL injury, how far you y'all think Jameson Williams falls in the draft? He was likely a top 15 pick, but will now probably miss half of his rookie season. 

Long term, he would be an amazing pickup if he fell to the second round .. but at least in this system we could probably assume a full redshirt rookie season given how complex the system is. 

If Saban were to really talk up Williams though, i could certainly see BB trading back to the early second and picking him up. 

21 hours ago, Crimmage said:

and you get 2 3rd round comp picks)

??????????????????? Help

18 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Jameson Williams falls in the draft?

Not one bit if the top 15 teams have a brain. Even with idiots running teams, he never gets out of the 1st rd. He would never get by the Pats. Everyone forget he one of the best ST players in the country that along BB drafts him 😁 

Idiots running the draft,  Mac Jones at 15.  Tray Lance at 3 with multiple 1st RD picks traded to get him. Idiots. 

Edited by m haynes

20 minutes ago, m haynes said:

??????????????????? Help

The NFL's program to incentivize minority hires. If Mayo gets hired as a head coach the Patriots would get a 3rd round comp pick in the next two drafts. 

@m haynesWhat are your thoughts on Slade Bolden, he declared today and everyone is calling him an automatic Patriots pick. Reminds me a lot of when Hunter Renfrow came out.. but this guy wasn't used nearly as much over his 3 seasons. Doubt he is as good of a route runner as Renfrow either. 

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Slade Bolden

4.69 seconds

How fast is Slade Bolden? Here's his 40 time. In high school, Slade Bolden clocked a 40-yard dash time of 4.69 seconds, according to ESPN. He also posted a 34.9-inch vertical jump.Oct 6, 2021

I see him as a low RD pick. He's benefited greatly playing with studs. He's to slow however he has skills and hes a good athlete  He can help also on defense and ST.

defense played as a freshman. 

To many guys like him that run a much better 40 times. Mac need big windows.

Edited by m haynes

I had heard he was slow, 4.6 is what Jacoby ran too so I guess he is likely in a similar mold. I don't think he gets drafted till the 5th-7th if drafted at all .. but I could certainly see him as a double dip at WR. If he were the only WR i would be incredibly disappointed. 

I totally agree on the need for speed 

7 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I had heard he was slow, 4.6 is what Jacoby ran too so I guess he is likely in a similar mold. I don't think he gets drafted till the 5th-7th if drafted at all .. but I could certainly see him as a double dip at WR. If he were the only WR i would be incredibly disappointed. 

I totally agree on the need for speed 

There is something I forgot. He can be a KR and PR and take the place of Gunner. I hate wasting a roster spot for a guy that can't help in other areas. The only thing I ask on ST is catch the ball. I could care less on return yards. 99% of the time its a fair catch or touch back.  IMO Gunner is a wasted roster spot.

I agree with Gunner, he took a major step back this season so I would be surprised if he is back next year. BB is going to look for a developmental WR more than likely who can take that spot. 

Now regarding just catching the ball, I know BB is looking for more than that. I remember a quote he had which was something along the lines of " get me a free first down" and you're doing great. That's obviously optimistic though because I think tops in the league this year was around 9 or something like that ( coincidentally by Braxton Berrios who was cut the same year Gunner made the team) 

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I agree with Gunner, he took a major step back this season so I would be surprised if he is back next year. BB is going to look for a developmental WR more than likely who can take that spot. 

Now regarding just catching the ball, I know BB is looking for more than that. I remember a quote he had which was something along the lines of " get me a free first down" and you're doing great. That's obviously optimistic though because I think tops in the league this year was around 9 or something like that ( coincidentally by Braxton Berrios who was cut the same year Gunner made the team) 

I agree with that in the old days but with the rule changes and the kickers kicking out of the stadium its a wasted skill. Also  you have to take into acct that the person to replace Gunner will get a 1st down or 2.  I just don't feel it has the same impact like (Hester) yes-tur years!!!😁

I want someone like Slade Bolden who plays ST,WR and S in a pinch. I think he would be much more valuable. Harry goes down Gunner is next in line. When I was writing that down my stomach turned. Damn we need WRs in this draft!!!

Edited by m haynes

23 hours ago, m haynes said:

Not one bit if the top 15 teams have a brain.

I agree with both you and Crimmage:  a healthy Jameson Williams goes in the top 15 if those GMs have two or more functioning neurons.  Mind you, these guys didn't get into the top half of the draft via their brains. 

We just need to exaggerate Jameson's injury.  I hear he's in a Stryker frame.

17 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I agree with both you and Crimmage:  a healthy Jameson Williams goes in the top 15 if those GMs have two or more functioning neurons.  Mind you, these guys didn't get into the top half of the draft via their brains. 

We just need to exaggerate Jameson's injury.  I hear he's in a Stryker frame.

I take Jameson Williams in the first round at pick 23 or whatever it is without any hesitation.

• Like 1