General Talk

DoleINGout

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...just wondering what the script is with Josh McDaniels? Is he going to be happy to stay until Bill is ready to retire or can you guys see him leaving for a top job with another franchise who is willing to give him some personnel control?...

On a sidenote I love the fact you guys are bringing back old school football and just running over people with a fullback in the offence...really smart considering how most defences are built these days...

Thanks in advance for any info.

I believe Josh has made a point to state that he is interested in being a head coach again.. but it's going to take the right situation. At the end of the day, in this league most guys get 2 shots at being a head coach. Josh messed up in Denver and he is probably going to want as perfect of a situation to be worth leaving. That's going to mean good ownership and good QB. 

Salary wise, I remember years ago when Josh stayed the report was that he was getting HC money to stay in New England. The number 10 million rings a bell but that may be way too much, not sure. If that is the case, it reiterates the point above that it is going to take a really great situation to get him to uproot his family and take a HC job. He has security here as long as Bill is here and he fully controls the offense while Bill gets to focus on the defense. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Why are people already starting to mock Burks to the Patriots.. while I haven't seen him play much all the draft profiles sound a heck of a lot like Harry. Do we really think BB is going to double down on the big, deceptively fast WR concept in the 1st round again? Why not go for a guy who's actually fast.. 

Unless Treylon Burks is an incredibly good route runner .. I see no chance of BB being interested in him ( he HAS to have learned from the mistake of taking Harry). 

This is of course outside of the fact that I think it's a foregone certainty that he goes BPA out of the CB/S/LT/LB pools before even considering WR 

• Like 1

Burks strikes me as a faster player than Harry but we will have to wait and see. He has more lateral quickness as well. The Razorbacks used him on a lot of screens and sweeps. You will also see a great deal more separation gained when watching tape, something Harry never excelled at even at the college level. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Why are people already starting to mock Burks to the Patriots.. while I haven't seen him play much all the draft profiles sound a heck of a lot like Harry. Do we really think BB is going to double down on the big, deceptively fast WR concept in the 1st round again? Why not go for a guy who's actually fast.. 

Unless Treylon Burks is an incredibly good route runner .. I see no chance of BB being interested in him ( he HAS to have learned from the mistake of taking Harry). 

This is of course outside of the fact that I think it's a foregone certainty that he goes BPA out of the CB/S/LT/LB pools before even considering WR 

Burk is one of this year over hype draft prospects. The reason he goes to the Pats in mock because the are idiots! No, really its all about size. IMO he's a bust just like Harry.

DP is right he is faster than Harry but that not saying much! He rounds out his cuts and most say he's great on 50/50 ball which is the kiss of death to me when looking at a WO. Another way of saying NO SEPARATION !

I have seen some drafts with him in the top 10 !!!!!!! Over  Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams and Jahan Dotson. IMO the 3 best WRs in the draft.

Burks goes to Pats in the 1st, I'm off to Best Buy to buy another TV!

ADDED

Watch tape most of his plays are trick, rollouts , off/broken plays.  Look at 1:35 to 1:40 mark. Now put him against NFL players, way to slow in his movement.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/players/treylon-burks

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

To me, it really just asks the question: " Which WR are you trying to replace?"

Bourne has been great.. he's only going to get more snaps. Meyers is kind of overrated imo but he will be around for at least another year, assuming nobody gives him a stupid level contract. 

The guy you are trying to upgrade is Agholor... and Burk isn't going to clear out space and have potential for a few deep shots a game. If you aren't getting a speedster then I don't see it as an upgrade to what you already have  

53 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

To me, it really just asks the question: " Which WR are you trying to replace?"

Bourne has been great.. he's only going to get more snaps. Meyers is kind of overrated imo but he will be around for at least another year, assuming nobody gives him a stupid level contract. 

The guy you are trying to upgrade is Agholor... and Burk isn't going to clear out space and have potential for a few deep shots a game. If you aren't getting a speedster then I don't see it as an upgrade to what you already have  

Great points.

That's why my guy is Dotson. He can play all positions. Tremendous speed and quickness inside and out!

Wilson and Jameson Williams long gone before Pats draft. You want a bigger guy, you go with Bell from Purdue.

Edited by m haynes