As a unit, how would you rank each position on the team?

Very curious to see what people think of not only the starters on the team, but the overall depth as well for each position.

If you believe the position is ELITE as a unit, give

If you believe the position is blue chip material & will demand attention from opposing teams, give

If you believe the position is solid as a unit, but nothing too special or over the top, give

If you believe the position is very weak & possibly an injury away from being a detriment to the team going forward, give

If you believe the position is possibly the worst in football, or at least ranks as one of the worst, give

QB=

RB/FB=

WR/TE=

OL=

DL=

LB=

DB=

K/P=

Coaching=

Ownership/Management=

There are 10 possible categories to rate. 50 max & 10 minimum.

Multiply x2 when you are done, to get your final grade of the team out of 💯

100-90=A

89-80=B

79-70=C

69-60=D

59-below is F

QB=

RB/FB=

WR/TE=

OL=

DL= 

LB=1/2

DB=

K/P=

Coaching=1/2

Ownership/Management=

So... 28 times 2 = 56 which is an F. I think the rating system needs some tweaking. If I gave all three stars, which would be a solid squad, I would only get to 60, the last grade before an F.

An A to me would be like 85 and above, a B is 70 to 84, a C is like 50 to 70, a D maybe 35 to 49 and below 35 is an F. 

• Like 2

QB= ** - until Wentz proves otherwise this can't be ranked any higher. 

RB/FB= *** - I feel like we have adequate talent at this position but none that stand out. 

WR/TE= **** - The team has a legitimate #1 in McLaurin and a high pedigree rookie in Dotson.  If anyone else steps up in the group this could get to 5 stars. 

OL= *** - the sum of the parts here somehow seems to be higher than any individual name.  They just seem to work, well they worked last year.  I guess this remains to be seen. 

DL= ****  - I'm going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt that last year was a fluke. 

LB= ** - they have only 2 starting caliber linebackers and pretty poor depth. 

DB= *** - The CB group seems fine, Safety is kind of a question mark. 

K/P= *** - should this really be worth the same amount of weight as the other groups? We have a good Punter, who knows about the Kicker. 

Coaching= *** - I like Rivera and Scott Turner, not too sure about the defensive staff. 

Ownership/Management= * - we have the worst owner in professional sports. 

28 x 2 = 56 total score. 

• Like 1

Maybe there should be a curve.

Let me try. I'm a bit of a homer anyway. 😂

QB= (if Wentz plays to his potential and/or 2017 form, this would be a conservative grade. Taylor Heinike beat Brady & Carr last year. He may not be great, but he can play. Sam Howell was considered by some to be the best QB prospect in the draft.

RB/FB=

Very close to blue chip, imo. Yes, Gibson & McKissic are truly 3rd down type backs, but if Brian Robinson gives us that 3-down back ability the way he did in Alabama? You could be looking at a blue chip backfield.

WR/TE=

Call me crazy, but I think our WR's & TE's as a unit are elite. We are 5 deep at WR with a Logan Thomas & Gates added in. If 6'6" 250 TE Cole Turner is who I think he is? He will take over Logan Thomas as starter. Add all those ingredients with that WR group + Jahan Dotson as a Scary Terry clone? You get 5 stars from me. This is the best WR core we've had since the posse. You'll see...

OL=

Not much to say here, as I think these guys play well together. No big name really to hang your hat on, but these guys get it done.

DL=

These guys should be 5 stars as a group. No excuses this year. I think playing with a lead this year, will show why these guys are the scary Defensive line we've been waiting for. Even non Washington fans would have this position rated the highest on our squad. Let's hope they show it this year.

LB=

I agree this is a weak spot on the team, but maybe not as terrible as some say here. I'll throw in half a star for good measure.

DB=

I think these guys are decent. I'm hoping Percy Butler can help at that Safety spot. Be nice to see him take over McCain spot & be next to Cam Kurl.

K/P=

Hopefully, Sly is as good as we hope.  Our punter might be the best in football.

Coaching=

Would love to grade them higher, but they've earned this so far.

Ownership/management=

If it's not the worst, it's in the top 3.

68/100

Lol yea, but should have graded it differently.lol

And I gave homer grades

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

An outside perspective why not.

QB - 2.5/5

RB/FB= 3/5

WR/TE= 3/5 (growth potential, I like McLaurin but not as high on him as you guys, lets see is he and Wentz can help eachother a lot first)

OL= 4/5

DL= 4/5

LB= 2/5

DB= 3/5

K/P= 3.5/5

Coaching= 2/5

Ownership/Management= 1/5

28/50 -> 56/100

• Like 1

QB 3.5 ( also, like our back up guy- as a back up ! )

RB/ Fullback. 4. I love this trio or quad with Patterson as #4. Fullback? What's a Fullback ?

3.5 WR/ TE , hate these as a "unit". TE is pulling down the Wrs. I have the WRs at 4 and TEs at 3.

OL 3.5

DL 3 ( Over hyped /overrated. Lacks depth )

LB 2.5

DB 3.5

K/P 3.5

Coaching 3.5 ( I think Turner could shine )

Ownership/ Mgt. 2

Total 32.5 =65

QB= ️ (3/5)

RB/FB= ️ (4/5)

WR/TE=️ (4/5)

OL=️(4/5)

DL=️(4/5)

LB=️(2/5)

DB=️(3/5)

K/P=️(4/5

Coaching=️(3/5)

Ownership/Management=️(1/5)

Total = 32/50

64%, the Ownership really brings the team down.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

An outside perspective why not.

QB - 2.5/5

RB/FB= 3/5

WR/TE= 3/5 (growth potential, I like McLaurin but not as high on him as you guys, lets see is he and Wentz can help eachother a lot first)

OL= 4/5

DL= 4/5

LB= 2/5

DB= 3/5

K/P= 3.5/5

Coaching= 2/5

Ownership/Management= 1/5

28/50 -> 56/100

This is a very fair assessment. Appreciate it.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

3.5 WR/ TE , hate these as a "unit". TE is pulling down the Wrs. I have the WRs at 4 and TEs at 3.

I agree here. I gave it a 4 bc I really like the WR group we have, best since 2016 which was the best we had since Monk, Clark & Sanders. 

The TE group is an enigma. Can’t be sure if/when Thomas will play this year. I love Bates’s blocking but he has a lot to improve on in receiving. I like Cole Turner’s potential as a big target as a receiving TE which should work out well w/ Wentz given his history but again, a lot of question marks there & not enough answers.

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree here. I gave it a 4 bc I really like the WR group we have, best since 2016 which was the best we had since Monk, Clark & Sanders. 

The TE group is an enigma. Can’t be sure if/when Thomas will play this year. I love Bates’s blocking but he has a lot to improve on in receiving. I like Cole Turner’s potential as a big target as a receiving TE which should work out well w/ Wentz given his history but again, a lot of question marks there & not enough answers.

The current group has way more upside than the 2016 one.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I love our TE group, but I am very cautiously optimistic in regards to if Cole Turner works out.  I believe he is being given way too much hype at this point.  He can catch, but he is slow, can't block and doesn't run after catch.

Outside of Thomas, who might not be healthy, I think by end of season, Bates will be considered the guy.  If Bates builds on last year, I think he might even be the overall best all around tight end on the team.  The only improvement he needs to make in receiving is being given more opportunities.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Danger said:

The current group has way more upside than the 2016 one.

Definitely true. It depends on how you look at/want to grade it. If we’re grading them on what the WR group currently is, the 2016 group is better. If we’re grading them on their potential then the 2022 groups could be better but I think that’s still a reach.

The 2016 skins WRs had two 1,000 yard receivers & their slot WR Crowder had 7 TDs. Then, they had Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis at TE. 

People sleep on how special that group was. It’s not easily duplicated & may never be in DC.

17 hours ago, offbyone said:

I love our TE group, but I am very cautiously optimistic in regards to if Cole Turner works out.  I believe he is being given way too much hype at this point.  He can catch, but he is slow, can't block and doesn't run after catch.

Outside of Thomas, who might not be healthy, I think by end of season, Bates will be considered the guy.  If Bates builds on last year, I think he might even be the overall best all around tight end on the team.  The only improvement he needs to make in receiving is being given more opportunities.

We’re in the same boat there. I hope I’m wrong about Cole Turner like I was about Jamison Crowder coming in and making a huge impact as a rookie but, I too think he’s getting too much hype.

I agree about Bates too.