Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

True but the best way to prepare for the end of the Warriors window is to get picks now and draft!

Honestly if we could stay inside the top 10 the next two years keep our picks and keep love that would be my perfect situation.  

But I see us being in the middle not making the playoff and losing our pick which is dumb. 

I hope this is like the Blake Griffin situation where we sign him so we can trade him. We really need our first round picks man or we will be in basketball purgatory. 

I'd rather just lose the pick this year and be done with it. It's preferable to stressing for two years.

Chuffed for K.Love. He's a good guy for our young'n's to be around.

Edit: Oh and change title to "Embrace the Love"...

Edited by Don Roshi

32 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I'd rather just lose the pick this year and be done with it. It's preferable to stressing for two years.

Chuffed for K.Love. He's a good guy for our young'n's to be around.

Edit: Oh and change title to "Embrace the Love"...

This draft is supposed to be even deeper than last years. Tons of wing players which we need. 

David Griffin made that trade for a reason 

this to me is dumb if we don’t suck. 

We just have to suck just enough man 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This draft is supposed to be even deeper than last years. Tons of wing players which we need. 

I guess I'm seeing Sexton/Hood/Osman/Love/Nance as a good core for the next few years. I have lost smoe confidence having after typing that out however... It's just so much better than where we were last time.

I'm just sick of Cleveland and tanking been so closely associated.

14 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I guess I'm seeing Sexton/Hood/Osman/Love/Nance as a good core for the next few years. I have lost smoe confidence having after typing that out however... It's just so much better than where we were last time.

I'm just sick of Cleveland and tanking been so closely associated.

Even when it works out eh?

The last tank job netted us the resources to acquire a championship team, first one in half a century. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The last tank job netted us the resources to acquire a championship team, first one in half a century. 

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our fans weren’t complaining when we’re in the finals 4 straight years 

it’s a process 

it’s just stupid to me to lose such a valuable pick

I don’t want to live in purgatory you need top talent

• Like 2

Btw reading between the lines I was told they aren’t going to tank purposely. But if it happens by developing their young guys so be it. Was told to listen to what Lue said in his press conference about he being excited to develop young guys. I do not know if this extension means we’re keeping Love or if it facilitates a trade. My best guess reading between the lines is we keep him and try to win while developing these young guys. 

You know me though I’d rather tank hard. It’s the best move. Think about it, we’re way ahead than we were when LeDecision part uno happened. If we tank just two years and get high picks both years and draft well we could be really set up for that year year and on. Don’t blow this Dan!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

LeBron isn't coming back this time. It's a totally different scenario.

Irving, Thompson, Waiters, Bennett and Wiggins was never going to do anything.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

We hear it every year, in all sports. This draft is going to be deeper than ever. 

Get young players and develop them. I’m glad they kept love because it will allow the young guys to develop. 

Players will develop if you can get them to play meaningful basketball. Having Love means that. Hey that 1st rd pick will be worth it’s weight in gold if Korver stays on the team and properly fixes cedis and Sextons shot. That alone makes it worth it.  Also the Cavs could potentially buy a pick with Hills and JRa contracts. 

37 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Btw reading between the lines I was told they aren’t going to tank purposely. But if it happens by developing their young guys so be it. Was told to listen to what Lue said in his press conference about he being excited to develop young guys. I do not know if this extension means we’re keeping Love or if it facilitates a trade. My best guess reading between the lines is we keep him and try to win while developing these young guys. 

You know me though I’d rather tank hard. It’s the best move. Think about it, we’re way ahead than we were when LeDecision part uno happened. If we tank just two years and get high picks both years and draft well we could be really set up for that year year and on. Don’t blow this Dan!

Love helps develop the guys. It gives Sexton the perfect player to lean on. Love has struggled playing off of the iso games. Let’s see what he can do in a truly offense. Sexton and Love should combine for a nice two man game, specially with how well the young bull can get to the rack. Same with Korver. Helping him with spacing and his shot during down time. 

Cavs on paper want to be competitive, if it plays out different, then it is what it is

37 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

LeBron isn't coming back this time. It's a totally different scenario.

It’s not just about LeBron, but also the next potential big name free agent.  

37 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Irving, Thompson, Waiters, Bennett and Wiggins was never going to do anything.

Maybe not, but thankfully we weren’t forced to find out as we had a glut of assets and space that allowed us to attract a free agent and make a move for an all star.

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We hear it every year, in all sports. This draft is going to be deeper than ever. 

Agreed.

Get young players and develop them. I’m glad they kept love because it will allow the young guys to develop. 

Didn’t seem to help much in Minny. Or here tbh, who’s he developed?

Players will develop if you can get them to play meaningful basketball. Having Love means that. Hey that 1st rd pick will be worth it’s weight in gold if Korver stays on the team and properly fixes cedis and Sextons shot.

Id rather hire a shooting coach and keep the first.

That alone makes it worth it.

A shooting coach is worth a first?

Also the Cavs could potentially buy a pick with Hills and JRa contracts. 

Do that too.

• Like 1

Interesting. He could still be traded come the trade deadline, though. I've always been a big fan of Love, so I won't complain too much if we end up keeping him. Fortunately, even with him, we should be bad enough to finish with a top ten pick for the next couple of years.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Id rather hire a shooting coach and keep the first.

Having one of the greatest shooters of all time as a teammate is probably worth more that a late first. He's one of the most professional players in the sport too. Great work ethic.

Korver can do a lot more than any shooting coach could. Teammates and coaches are looked upon and treat differently.

We've got a potentially very healthy locker room that will a great place for young players to develop. Smith needs to go, but other than him...

Edited by Don Roshi
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Stupid extension.

How? He's both a good guy and good player. If things get too bad it's not like he can't be traded. He'll only be 30 at the start of the season. Tanking isn't the only way of adding young players. Obviously not having full control over our 1st pick for the next two years isn't ideal, but we can make it work. We may end up keeping our picks anyway.

Edit: To steal a post from another forum...

There are many teams who have been tanking for years playing unwatchable basketball and still aren’t showing any signs of turning things around. Maybe Sexton takes off and Love can recruit some FAs. And if they can’t, so what - they still experienced a lot more winning this decade than most teams. People act like players like LeBron are available in every draft and having a high pick guarantees you’ll get that type of guy - well, they aren’t, and it doesn’t - they are called “generational talents” for a reason.

Edited by Don Roshi

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck