Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 hours ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

Yeah I wouldn't want anyone on this Cavs team long-term. Maybe Josh Allen and Okoro, as I think we need to build a defensive roster. But everyone else? I'd let everyone else walk or cut whoever we can to make sure this roster looks nothing like this in a year or two.

I also don't want to sign any FA's until we have a young squad in place that can make a push. Right now, we have a bunch of average to below average players that put up either no stats, or empty volume stats. I would trade just about anyone for a draft pick or cash considerations right now. Time to tank hard again.

I dont know if the Bills will accept that.

Also yes our PGs are chuckers but Garland has only started 80 some games and hes recently started to become a good facilitator. Hes not very efficient but I think that can be fixed with shot selection. The potential is there, hes just streaky af right now

Sexton is a walking bucket. He just goes into periods where he regresses and tries to do too much and misses open shooters. But he has shown stretches where he plays within the offense and makes good passes.

I think if there is one player on the entire team who I would put faith in to improve on his weaknesses, its Colin Sexton

I think Okoro is a great defender but in the long run hes a starting two more than a SF. 

We need a legit 6'7 SF with athleticism to be a 3&D guy.

Garland - Sexton - 6'7 SF - Nance - Allen is a team that will be fine defensively

Okoro can come in at 2 depending on match up

13 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

At least he plays and produces

Agreed, hes just such a weird player. I think hes obviously good, but I feel like he has a limited ceiling. I dont think he is ever going to be much better than he is currently. 

Thats where I struggle, is this version of Collin Sexton a good enough player to be a first or second option on a team that can win a couple rounds in the playoffs? I dont know. His BBIQ and lack of playmaking is going to forever hold him back from taking that leap from good to great.

On a good playoff team, he is a super 6th man. On a fun, young, 8th seed type of team he is a starter. 

On 3/1/2021 at 9:25 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, hes just such a weird player. I think hes obviously good, but I feel like he has a limited ceiling. I dont think he is ever going to be much better than he is currently. 

Thats where I struggle, is this version of Collin Sexton a good enough player to be a first or second option on a team that can win a couple rounds in the playoffs? I dont know. His BBIQ and lack of playmaking is going to forever hold him back from taking that leap from good to great.

On a good playoff team, he is a super 6th man. On a fun, young, 8th seed type of team he is a starter. 

Sexton would start for Brooklyn and la

48 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Finally not looking like a tea drinker out there. @Mega Ron @Don Roshi Et al. 

Hopefully he’s done being passive, dude’s got a little game. 

You can tell guys like Okoro, Windler and Wade dont really know what to do because they are standing around most of the time. The offense runs through high P&R with Sexland/Bigs 90% of the time so the other guys dont really ever get in a rhythm.

Somebody has to explain to me what the hell happened to the ball movement offense that was here the first month of the season. That offense is completely gone without trace.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Maybe but he also wouldn’t get away with his style of play with those teams.  So with that he might not start for them  

This team is coming together and I like the future. They are 1 or 2 moves away from having a really bright future depending on what the can swing for Drummond and in the draft.

This team is REALLY missing Delly, Love and Nance for situations just like tonight. It is encouraging how they are able to play so well despite missing 2 of their top 4 players. Trial by fire with the young guys to hopefully provide some good bench depth in coming years.

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Finally not looking like a tea drinker out there. @Mega Ron @Don Roshi Et al. 

Hopefully he’s done being passive, dude’s got a little game. 

And fiercely proud of it.

If we could luck into Cade, then that would put Garland sool. Still prefer this to a LBJ ran team. Let the Browns carry the city and let the Cavs take there time to build something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

This team is coming together and I like the future. They are 1 or 2 moves away from having a really bright future depending on what the can swing for Drummond and in the draft.

This team is REALLY missing Delly, Love and Nance for situations just like tonight. It is encouraging how they are able to play so well despite missing 2 of their top 4 players. Trial by fire with the young guys to hopefully provide some good bench depth in coming years.

They might be 1-2 moves away but that move is a true #1 type guy. Until they get that player, this team won’t do anything worthy

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

They might be 1-2 moves away but that move is a true #1 type guy. Until they get that player, this team won’t do anything worthy

I agree, they need a elite SF wing. You know, if they still have KPJ that would have helped a ton......still cant believe they gave up on him so fast. That move set the franchise back another year in the rebuild.

I think Sexton, Garland, Okoro and Allen are really nice pieces and its nice to see Sexton being able to step up and be that consistent #1 scoring option. However they still need another guy. Preferably somebody who is 6'8" and can play on both ends of the court lol

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck