Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

Caris balled out. What a game man. 

It’s crazy how you could send so much in a deal for one player and it’s clearly worth it. Mitchell is that dude 

It honestly wasn’t that much. Bunch of low end starters and some late picks. We did so much better than what Minnesota spent for a 30 year old big who’s a liability in the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

-12 in 5 minutes. Thats hard to do. 

I really never imagined he’d be this bad.  He seemed like a guy who at a minimum would be an above average defender and slasher.  Jump shot may take time and never develop, but he’d at least be a viable starter.

At the moment he’s just an absolute physical specimen who is really not great at actually playing basketball.  I don’t know if you’ve ever seen him in person, but he’s build different than a lot of basketball players.  He looks like an OLB/DE.  There is zero reason he shouldn’t be a stud defender tbh.

44 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It honestly wasn’t that much. Bunch of low end starters and some late picks. We did so much better than what Minnesota spent for a 30 year old big who’s a liability in the playoffs. 

We gave up players who don’t move the needle when it comes to winning, especially in the playoffs, and picks which are fairly irrelevant.

If you’re good, the picks have limited value.  If you’re bad it’s because the talented players on the roster have left, in which case you’d have traded them for more picks.

45 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Funny thing is we still own our 2024 first. Which just so happens to be bronnys draft class. And daddy is a FA. Old man lebron would fit well at the 3. 

Jesus what a circus that would be.

I’d honestly probably pass on all of it, and I’m a fan of LBJ. This team is building its own identity and LeBron kinda nukes that instantly. 

Maybe he learns his role as his physical abilities diminish and becomes an absurdly good role player/3rd option…

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus what a circus that would be.

I’d honestly probably pass on all of it, and I’m a fan of LBJ. This team is building its own identity and LeBron kinda nukes that instantly. 

Maybe he learns his role as his physical abilities diminish and becomes an absurdly good role player/3rd option…

I’m willing to bet his ego never allows himself to ever go that route

Edited by malibuspeedrace
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I’m willing to bet his ego never allows himself to ever go that route

That’s really the only concern tbh.

And like, I get it.  If you’re one of the best handful of humans to ever do something are you gonna be ok with people less accomplished being “the man”?

It sounds great and it would be a great finish to his career to come back and win one more with this team, but it just doesn’t seem like something that would actually happen.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d also be willing to bet he’s still a top 20 player. Lebron is a freak. He’ll age well into his 40s. 

I can’t see why he wouldn’t be able to do what Ben Simmons has been doing. With better shooting obviously.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t see why he wouldn’t be able to do what Ben Simmons has been doing. With better shooting obviously.

Eventually he’s gonna lose some explosion and ability to get to the rim, but he’ll still have his post game, excellent passing ability and a decent enough shot. Defensively he understands team concepts and won’t be expending as much effort offensively if he’s not the primary option which likely allows him to do more defensively.

He’ll age well for sure.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck