Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I thought the same 

this lakers one was even better to me especially if you include them getting Rui

getting D Russ and Beasley was just such a better fit 

I think they’ve got a shot

Shoot I want Jarred Vanderbilt lol He is the exact type of athletic, young 3/D wing the Cavs have been searching for forever and the Lakers got him basically for free as a throw in to a trade

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Shoot I want Jarred Vanderbilt lol He is the exact type of athletic, young 3/D wing the Cavs have been searching for forever and the Lakers got him basically for free as a throw in to a trade

Yeah him too smh

that trade was unreal 

• Like 1

I have no earthly idea why we turned into every other NBA team this off-season. We had so much grit and fire last year. We fought tooth and nail for every loose ball. We played team basketball. All of a sudden, we lost that. We don't play hard, we don't fight for loose balls, and we stand stagnantly on offense waiting for Garland or Mitchell to hit a prayer shot.

We look scared and we played like absolute trash all year against solid teams. We need to shake up this roster or dump Bickerstaff. I don't hate JB, but he has zero idea as to how to create easy baskets. We have to labor for every single thing we do on offense.

Not sure how to fix the lack of firepower off the bench. We don't have a lot of resources to fix that issue easily, but it's killing us. We have no bigs that can play aside from our two starters and Rubio looks like trash this year. Cedi is either on fire or a dumpster fire. LeVert is similar to that, albeit a little more consistent.

The Knicks have 10-12 guys that can play. We have 5-6. That's not a good recipe.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I have no earthly idea why we turned into every other NBA team this off-season. We had so much grit and fire last year. We fought tooth and nail for every loose ball. We played team basketball. All of a sudden, we lost that. We don't play hard, we don't fight for loose balls, and we stand stagnantly on offense waiting for Garland or Mitchell to hit a prayer shot.

We look scared and we played like absolute trash all year against solid teams. We need to shake up this roster or dump Bickerstaff. I don't hate JB, but he has zero idea as to how to create easy baskets. We have to labor for every single thing we do on offense.

Not sure how to fix the lack of firepower off the bench. We don't have a lot of resources to fix that issue easily, but it's killing us. We have no bigs that can play aside from our two starters and Rubio looks like trash this year. Cedi is either on fire or a dumpster fire. LeVert is similar to that, albeit a little more consistent.

The Knicks have 10-12 guys that can play. We have 5-6. That's not a good recipe.

I agree. Playing slow, halfcourt, finesse ball isnt going to work in the playoffs. This team since the All-Star break looks.....soft? Its weird because at the beginning of the year for the first 2 months of the season they legit were the best team in basketball. They were scrappy, fast and made plays and they held everyone they played against to below 100pts.

Now it just looks like they are trying to hand the ball to Donovan Mitchell every play and have him bail everyone out with shooting. No idea where Garlands scoring/shooting touch disappeared to, the Bigs need to PLAY BIG and not get pushed around.

I knew when we drew the Knicks that this series was going to annoy me since they play the style of basketball that matches up very well against the Cavs. I turned Game 1 off after the first QTR because I didnt want to sit there and stress out over every possession when it was clear the Cavs didnt bring 'it' at the beginning. Im not even sure Ill watch tonight, just do what I did last time and turn the game on with 2 mins left to watch the final mins instead of watching DG turn the ball over by physical defense, Allen get muscled by Robinson and Mobley look like a deer in headlights.

Its so frustrating

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck