Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mobley is 21 ffs lol.  C’mon man, you’re being a wild *** victim of the moment here.

He’s been a vag all year. If he doesn’t add some serious muscle, he’s in for a long career. 

Allen, sure, he’s been meh all season and only dominates scrubs.  Mobley is a year or two away from being a young KG, Bosh, etc.

Allen has been dreadful. And Mobley hasn’t shown at all that he can be those guys. They were tough dudes. He is petrified of both Randle & Robinson. 

And honestly these guys have inexperience as an excuse. 

They aren’t making mental mistakes. They’re getting bullied like *******. 

What’s Mitchell’s?  He has no business playing as poorly as he did tonight.

He has to score 40 points most nights for us to have a chance. 

9 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He’s been a vag all year. If he doesn’t add some serious muscle, he’s in for a long career. 

He’s going to keep filling out as he ages, as will Mobley.

Allen has been dreadful. And Mobley hasn’t shown at all that he can be those guys. They were tough dudes. He is petrified of both Randle & Robinson. 

They aren’t making mental mistakes. They’re getting bullied like *******. 

That was literally their first road playoff game.  The playoffs are a different environment completely.  

The inexperience isn’t forcing mental mistakes per se, but it accounts for the nerves, anxiety, whatever associated with playing on a bigger stage than you ever have before.

He has to score 40 points most nights for us to have a chance. 

Correct.  I love our young core and think there’s a lot to like with this team, but we’re too young and inexperienced right now.  There’s a reason contenders sign vets.  

Hopefully this off-season we can add some vet role players and some of the young guys will finally understand what it’s gonna take to win playoff games and series.  If we could trade Allen for a vet wing I think we’ll be in good shape.

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Saul is right and even Knicks players are clowning them. They’re softer than baby ****.

https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/status/1649622666213572608/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1649622666213572608&currentTweetUser=sny_knicks

I’m not saying he’s wrong and that they aren’t playing soft af, just that I’m not ready to start nuking the core players because of it. 

Toughness can develop with some age and can be added via vets in the off-season.

Like, did y’all think they were about to be winning the east or something?  I feel like the biggest issue is the expectations by some fans.  If they get bounced in the first round it’s disappointing but not terribly unexpected tbh. 

• Like 1

I’ve tried to give this NBA thing another shot but I just can’t get into it. The “toughest” guys in the league are out here slapping and kicking dudes in the nuts and I’m supposed to think that they’re actually alphas?

king of the hill GIF

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve tried to give this NBA thing another shot but I just can’t get into it. The “toughest” guys in the league are out here slapping and kicking dudes in the nuts and I’m supposed to think that they’re actually alphas?

king of the hill GIF

The NBA became largely unwatchable when dudes like Harden made it their sole goal to draw ticky tac fouls and get to the stripe 25 times a game. The LeBron flop theater, etc., NBA isn’t my thing at this point either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

king of the hill GIF

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The NBA became largely unwatchable when dudes like Harden made it their sole goal to draw ticky tac fouls and get to the stripe 25 times a game. The LeBron flop theater, etc., NBA isn’t my thing at this point either. 

“Hey everyone, let me tell you why I don’t like this thing that you all do” - old guys 

Old-Mans-Talking.gif

• Like 3

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck