Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

57 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence Popovich had a lot of issues with Kawhi and how he handled that last season together.

I feel like Kawhi won’t “tough it out” and has to be 110% to play.

I know it’s easy to bash teams and “respect players health” but I guarantee some guys absolutely milk fan sympathy.

It’s frustrating for fans for sure, but I think going out and giving 100% effort night in, night out and putting your body on the line isn’t maybe the easiest thing to do when you have a couple hundred million in the bank. I think most of these guys wanted to compete at least initially, but as injuries mount and perhaps the love for the game fades as it becomes more of a business, I get the inclination to say “**** this, I’m not risking my health for a game”.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s frustrating for fans for sure, but I think going out and giving 100% effort night in, night out and putting your body on the line isn’t maybe the easiest thing to do when you have a couple hundred million in the bank. I think most of these guys wanted to compete at least initially, but as injuries mount and perhaps the love for the game fades as it becomes more of a business, I get the inclination to say “**** this, I’m not risking my health for a game”.

I can understand this mentality as an NFL player.

However, NBA players get fully guaranteed contracts as long as they don’t do dumb illegal stuff.

Kawhi got paid 176 mil to do nothing.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Load management is a lie.

Clippers are a prime example and need to dump Kawhi. I don’t care how good he is. What’s the point of keeping him if he’s just going to miss playoff games every year?

Unless they can get a bounty of picks for him they are stuck with him. It’s better to make the playoffs every year and flame out rather than miss every year and still not have a pick. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I can understand this mentality as an NFL player.

However, NBA players get fully guaranteed contracts as long as they don’t do dumb illegal stuff.

Kawhi got paid 176 mil to do nothing.

I just mean from a motivational point of view.  You getting up and busting your *** and playing through pain when you don’t really have to to collect an enormous check?

You may answer “Yes, of course” but look around your workplace and see if that is the answer all of your coworkers would give.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just mean from a motivational point of view.  You getting up and busting your *** and playing through pain when you don’t really have to to collect an enormous check?

You may answer “Yes, of course” but look around your workplace and see if that is the answer all of your coworkers would give.

I mean you just made an argument for why NBA contracts should never be guaranteed. If players start doing that and acting in bad faith, owners will hold a lockout.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean you just made an argument for why NBA contracts should never be guaranteed. If players start doing that and acting in bad faith, owners will hold a lockout.

I’m not saying it’s all of them, clearly it’s not, but I’m sure it happens.

It’s easy to crap on as a fan, but as someone with a job I get it.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck