Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

30 minutes ago, #32 said:

If I were Gilbert, I would give Altman and JB the ultimatum this year is the last year if they do not win a playoff series.

I think they would know that. It might take more than just a playoff series win for JB. 

Then, extended Mitchell three years at current salary to see if he wants to be a Cav and believes in the team.

0% chance he takes an extension now. He probably doesn’t believe in this team, which I don’t blame him. He can wait it out. 

Sign Miles Bridges @12M on a prove it deal.

The woman abusing piece of human dog turd? No thanks. Watson is a significantly better person than Bridges. Yuck. 

Sign Levert if reasonable!

Agree. We probably have to do this. 

Cavs have no assets so trades are not possible

True. We have Okoro and some 2nd rounders. I think Okoro is more valuable to us than to the rest of the NBA. He will be a Cav more than likely bc of that.

Rubio, Wade,Stevens and Osman are the bench with Levert as sixth man.

If we did sign Bridges in this scenario, Okoro is a bench guy too. I would be absolute shocked and stunned if we didn’t add a veteran big at some point too. I want to bring Drummond back to come off the bench.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:25 AM, #32 said:

If I were Gilbert, I would give Altman and JB the ultimatum this year is the last year if they do not win a playoff series.  Then, extended Mitchell three years at current salary to see if he wants to be a Cav and believes in the team.  Sign Miles Bridges @12M on a prove it deal.  Sign Levert if reasonable!  Cavs have no assets so trades are not possible which means Rubio, Wade,Stevens and Osman are the bench with Levert as sixth man.

There is no chance Stevens/Osman are back playing meaningful mins for the Cavs next year IMO. I think we are about to see Altman pivot HARD this offseason and shuffle a lot of players for almost an entire new bench unit.

Rubio is the only person after the top 4 guys that is safe I think. If they can clear LeVerts contract for cap I think they do it, Osman is bye bye, Stevens might not see a single bit of playing time, Okoro might be traded to also clear space for a good wing and Wade.......I dont know what to think about Wade considering they just signed him to a 3 year deal.

I think there are 3 new guys on this roster next season in the top 8 of the rotation. 1 Starter at the wing position and 2 reliable veterans JB can actually trust off the bench in 20 mins a night

Edited by AkronsWitness

Miami has 4 undrafted players giving solid minutes for them. The guys on our roster just don’t compete anywhere near as hard as those guys do.

Mitchell can be as good as Butler and Mobley can be as good as Bam. Garland can be as good as Herro.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Miami has 4 undrafted players giving solid minutes for them. The guys on our roster just don’t compete anywhere near as hard as those guys do.

Mitchell can be as good as Butler and Mobley can be as good as Bam. Garland can be as good as Herro.

JBB will never be as good as spo

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He didn’t do anything. Mitchell and Mobley carried him. 

I mean, that’s most coaches tbh. 

A guy isn’t coaching a meh roster to a title.  You just need a dude who doesn’t trip on his **** and who can keep guys motivated and such imo.

1 hour ago, FGK said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37644346/sources-suns-dismiss-coach-monty-williams-4-seasons

Man, I get that we want to give JB one more shot. But honestly, I'd be talking to Nick Nurse and Monty Williams right now. I assume Phoenix is going after Nurse.

I think nurse goes to Milwaukee or phx. We have no chance at him. But yeah monte is another in a long line of coaches I’d take over JBB. 

4 hours ago, FGK said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37644346/sources-suns-dismiss-coach-monty-williams-4-seasons

Man, I get that we want to give JB one more shot. But honestly, I'd be talking to Nick Nurse and Monty Williams right now. I assume Phoenix is going after Nurse.

JB is definitely getting one more year, he's earned it and all of the players seem to love him.

However, all of these coaches getting fired is a tell. Why would we want to bring in the HC of the underperforming Raptors who finished as the 9 seed to replace our coach who led us to the 5th best record in the NBA?

Monty Williams is another story but Monty does coach defense. He is a players coach good for a team full of superstars to manage personalities. He's like Ty Lou.

I believe in JB. He has shown progression every year he's been coach and molded this team full of 20 year olds. He will take the loss to the Knicks and learn from it just like the players will. Then again, I value consistency and identity more than most.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck