Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 5/4/2023 at 6:41 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know he has his issues. But I’d take him over jbb

Nah. I'd take a guy who has a clear record of maximizing the talent. But Budz has a long reputation for getting in the way of his own rosters. Being a great regular season guy who can't see the next level in the playoffs and needs his players (Giannis) to save him from himself. If anything I think it's a lateral move (both okay to good regular season coaches who crap the bed in the playoffs). I'd rather see if something changes in J.B.'s second bite at the apple.

That said, if there IS a proven "gets the most out of a team in the playoffs" guy available. I think you have to have that conversation and I'm disappointed that it sounds like we are not (Nick Nurse).

45 minutes ago, FGK said:

Nah. I'd take a guy who has a clear record of maximizing the talent. But Budz has a long reputation for getting in the way of his own rosters. Being a great regular season guy who can't see the next level in the playoffs and needs his players (Giannis) to save him from himself. If anything I think it's a lateral move (both okay to good regular season coaches who crap the bed in the playoffs). I'd rather see if something changes in J.B.'s second bite at the apple.

That said, if there IS a proven "gets the most out of a team in the playoffs" guy available. I think you have to have that conversation and I'm disappointed that it sounds like we are not (Nick Nurse).

Oh I agree. Bud is very overrated and refuses to adjust. I’ll never understand a coach in todays game who refuses to guard the 3 point line.  But with that said I’d still take him over JBB. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Absolutely awful.  Gilbert may have more money than god but this is a not so gentle reminder than some things are worth way more than money.  

No parent should ever have to bury their kid. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Absolutely awful.  Gilbert may have more money than god but this is a not so gentle reminder than some things are worth way more than money.  

No parent should ever have to bury their kid. 

Imagine having 30+ billion and still not being able to save your son. I have to imagine he did literally everything humanly possible for him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Imagine having 30+ billion and still not being able to save your son. I have to imagine he did literally everything humanly possible for him.

I’m definitely no doctor, but this was an incurable autoimmune disease. He was screwed, sadly. From what I understand (not much).

Ughhhh sometimes having a kid is a nightmare scenario. All we can do is hope we win the illness lottery sometimes. 

EDIT: Apparently I’m wrong according to Google. It’s traditionally not a big deal for a lot of people to have what Nick did. 

Edited by BetterCallSaul

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Devin Booker is an unbelievable player in the post season. Might be the best playoff performer in the NBA.

Yeah for sure. Also though, Denver’s defense is horrific, has been horrific, and always will be with this current squad. They are giving him clean drives to his strong hand all series long. 

Hilarious watching a smaller heat team out rebound the Knicks.

Sometimes sports is really, really simple. Our bigs just didn’t have the heart to go against the Knicks. It wasn’t some complex scheme or system.

They just got straight out worked. 

If I were Gilbert, I would give Altman and JB the ultimatum this year is the last year if they do not win a playoff series.  Then, extended Mitchell three years at current salary to see if he wants to be a Cav and believes in the team.  Sign Miles Bridges @12M on a prove it deal.  Sign Levert if reasonable!  Cavs have no assets so trades are not possible which means Rubio, Wade,Stevens and Osman are the bench with Levert as sixth man.