Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Well, glad to win a series but that decreases the chances of JB getting fired.

I think we'll be lucky to win one game vs. Boston.

Like I said Mobley balls out we win.

any news on Allen will he play against celtics

As a type A-1 alpha male it disgusted me to see beta male Jarrett Allen miss 2 close out games with a “rib” injury. If it were me I’d have tapped it up, and gone out there putting up Shaq type numbers. We need to get rid of that bum in the offseason. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 9:57 AM, mtmmike said:

Ok haters step up what coach is available that could coach to a win over Celtics with this team?

The problem isnt that we will lose to the Celtics.

Its that we almost lost to the Magic, who we should have curb stomped.

Its that we got smoked by the Knicks last year without making any adjustments all series to stop them from trapping our ball handlers and to curb their offensive rebounding.

Its that we underutilize Mobley and Garland within the offense.

Its that our role players underperform within the system that doesnt get good passing lanes or enough movement and open looks

Its that he plays small benchs and static lineups and burns players out in the middle of the season leading to more missed games,leading to more MPG for the remaining rotation and more missed game. 

JB is a cheeerleader who gets players to try hard on defense. That works for 1-2 seasons but doesnt last 4-5 and when you need to adjust in the playoffs he is HORRIBLE. 

We have the same gameplan for 29 different teams. 

The list of coaches who can beat the Celtics is just as long as the list of coaches who would have done worse vs the Magic and worse vs the Knicks - zero names long

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Its that we got smoked by the Knicks last year without making any adjustments all series to stop them from trapping our ball handlers and to curb their offensive rebounding.

Its that our role players underperform within the system that doesnt get good passing lanes or enough movement and open looks

Its that he plays small benchs and static lineups and burns players out in the middle of the season leading to more missed games,leading to more MPG for the remaining rotation and more missed game. 

JB is a cheeerleader who gets players to try hard on defense. That works for 1-2 seasons but doesnt last 4-5 and when you need to adjust in the playoffs he is HORRIBLE. 

The list of coaches who can beat the Celtics is just as long as the list of coaches who would have done worse vs the Magic and worse vs the Knicks - zero names long

Your retort, @mtmmike?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952y4jn7lqnlmcvvrjkxz1

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Excellent post but Greg popovich offense won a lot of games and’ they were completely boring on offense.

the point that I am making if you do not have something better do not change just to change.

question if we had LeBron on this team would we win it all?

I am happy with the progress on this team

unlike the browns this team is not that far away So I AM not just firing the head coach.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

the point that I am making if you do not have something better do not change just to change.

You could literally create a wheel of recently fired HC’s. Spin said wheel and have a 100% chance of improving at HC. JB Bickerstaff is drizzling diarrhea. 0% chance he’s brought back, even if the players deserve a huge portion of the blame too. 

Sorry I see huge improvement in and Mobley

and Garland.

i do not see anybody that can help this team as it stands unless Mobley goes 

30 points

12 rebounds

and 10 blocked shots in 4 games

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry I see huge improvement in and Mobley

and Garland.

i do not see anybody that can help this team as it stands unless Mobley goes 

30 points

12 rebounds

and 10 blocked shots in 4 games

You think Mobley has improved? On what? He’s basically the same player he was his rookie year except he makes more 3s. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You think Mobley has improved? On what? He’s basically the same player he was his rookie year except he makes more 3s. 

You forgot blocked shots not going to give the info because of your obvious bias.

never let a good emotion interfere with facts.

7 hours ago, mtmmike said:

You forgot blocked shots not going to give the info because of your obvious bias.

never let a good emotion interfere with facts.

He’s averaging less blocks than his rookie year