Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

They are closer to a title then the Browns 

prosecution rests.

this season comes down to Mobley balling

in playoffs we can win it all.

Mice

We can be a good team all we want, but if we want to be great, there needs to be shake-ups. Garland and Mobley are incredibly highly valued. I would see what we could get for them. If we have Allen (who is on a great contract), we need a MFer of a PF who can stretch the floor. And DG’s defense is ABYSMAL. Pair Mitchell with a defensive guard.

I am ranting, but the makeup of this team is not championship caliber. Soft. 

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah tell me how the bigs aren’t soft again 

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I hate our mentality as a team, we are so finesse. We have no fight 

Which is why we need a massive shakeup. I'm not at all opposed to trading Mobley or Garland...or both.

Mobley and Garland and every pick in the world for Doncic!!

• Like 1

We have major coaching issues and it’s the same issue as last year

We treat every single team the same. We never change our style regardless of opponent so we will always lose against teams that 

1. naturally match up well vs us

2. have a coach that can scheme a matchup advantage

Allen and Mobley are a competitive advantage for us because they are two of the most mobile and switchable big men in the league. We kill it defensively and have one of the highest rebound %’s in the NBA because we force bad shots and get easy rebounds. 

Against teams like the Knicks and Bulls who play multiple bigs, our scheme folds immediately. These teams stink offensively but kill it on the glass with second chances. We over rotate and do an amazing job contesting shots. But when the shots go up, Mobley and Allen are rarely near the rim or in position because they have either switched to a guard and are too far from the hoop, or have had to rotate to contest the shot putting them in tough position. 

JBs scheme basically relies on Garland and LeVert winning rebounds against Drummond type players because bigs aren’t in position. It’s unsustainable. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

We treat every single team the same. We never change our style regardless of opponent so we will always lose against teams that 

100% this. The "soft bigs" tends to be (not always, both guys could definitely play with more strength) connected to them being out of position to do what they're supposed to do. JB's scheme doesn't seem to allow for the shift to facing a multi-bigs lineup. Now, maybe with Mitchell and Levert in there we do enough offensively to make up for it, but it seems like the team's potential (what we saw in that 18-2 stretch) is limited by the coach's unwillingness to shift the scheme for different matchups.

On 3/4/2024 at 12:05 PM, roger murdock said:

Allen and Mobley are a competitive advantage for us because they are two of the most mobile and switchable big men in the league. We kill it defensively and have one of the highest rebound %’s in the NBA because we force bad shots and get easy rebounds. 

Against teams like the Knicks and Bulls who play multiple bigs, our scheme folds immediately. These teams stink offensively but kill it on the glass with second chances. We over rotate and do an amazing job contesting shots. But when the shots go up, Mobley and Allen are rarely near the rim or in position because they have either switched to a guard and are too far from the hoop, or have had to rotate to contest the shot putting them in tough position. 

JBs scheme basically relies on Garland and LeVert winning rebounds against Drummond type players because bigs aren’t in position. It’s unsustainable. 

2nd place beat Celtics fire the coach 

how many times has Stefanski beat mahomes

11 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

2nd place beat Celtics fire the coach 

how many times has Stefanski beat mahomes

Excellent post

question how many times has Mayfield beat Mike lombardi?

Prosecution rests my 7762a258133f334cbca1beaf5697701f.gifcase

Edited by DawgX
mice
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Excellent post

question how many times has Mayfield beat Mike lombardi?

Prosecution rests my 7762a258133f334cbca1beaf5697701f.gifcase

Question who played longer mayfield or dushbag

57 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Question who played longer mayfield or dushbag

why can't you answer my simple yes or no question?

How many wins does Mayfield have over mahomes?

are you like @LETSGOBROWNIES and can't answer simple yes or no questions?

Your a genius

• Like 2

This teams success is entirely dependent on the matchups they get.

I think they’d give Miami and Boston a LOT of problems. Mobley can stay in front of Tatum and Butler.

Philly and New York would crush us.

• Like 1