Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

When it can get you Brandon Clarke it sure as hell does over a draft + stash Euro player at #26

Rather go after Rui Hachimura or hope that Sekou Doumbouya falls

Edited by buno67

43 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Can't shoot, dribble, pass, plays like an idiot. He's basically a homeless mans Harrison Barnes. If hes not a lock down defender hes a 1 contract then overseas player.

None of this is true. He’s a young player that was put in an extremely awkward position. In high school/ AAU he was a ball dominant iso player and then went to Duke where he was asked/limited to being a floor spacer and the 3rd sometimes 4th option on offense. Any player going through that transition struggles. Love and Bosh are prime examples of this

21 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

None of this is true. He’s a young player that was put in an extremely awkward position. In high school/ AAU he was a ball dominant iso player and then went to Duke where he was asked/limited to being a floor spacer and the 3rd sometimes 4th option on offense. Any player going through that transition struggles. Love and Bosh are prime examples of this

There have been so many ball dominate iso players who have failed. It’s not a positive thing. He couldn’t adapt. He’s lazy with poor effort. No need for one of those guys. 

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

If hes a ball dominant iso scorer why the hell would you want him when he can't dribble or pass? Hes seriously so bad at slashing. If he succeeds hes going to do it as a 3-D player.

The logic behind Cam Reddish being a top pick is 'he wasn't close to being a top player on his college team so he was destined to fail'. Zion and RJ Barrett was ball dominant players who excelled because they were good enough to win their matchups and deserved ISO oppoortunities and shot attemps. When Cam had opportunities to step up without Zion he played worse. Because he sucks. He sucks aggresively.

If Cam wasn't a high recruit out of high school he wouldn't be talked about as anything more than a late R2 flier.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There have been so many ball dominate iso players who have failed. It’s not a positive thing. He couldn’t adapt. He’s lazy with poor effort. No need for one of those guys. 

There have been many players of all types that have failed pass first guards, shoot first Guards, post up bigs, stretch bigs, spot up shooter etc... Not many ball dominant players can adapt to playing strictly off ball, in fact I can’t think of a single one off the top. Also gotta disagree with him being lazy or having poor effort. He looked out of sorts on offense and lacked assertiveness but again the system and players around him played a huge role in that but he always played hard on defense.

4 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

If hes a ball dominant iso scorer why the hell would you want him when he can't dribble or pass? Hes seriously so bad at slashing. If he succeeds hes going to do it as a 3-D player.

The logic behind Cam Reddish being a top pick is 'he wasn't close to being a top player on his college team so he was destined to fail'. Zion and RJ Barrett was ball dominant players who excelled because they were good enough to win their matchups and deserved ISO oppoortunities and shot attemps. When Cam had opportunities to step up without Zion he played worse. Because he sucks. He sucks aggresively.

If Cam wasn't a high recruit out of high school he wouldn't be talked about as anything more than a late R2 flier.

Again you’re the one saying he can’t dribble or pass, I believe differently and so do scouts. The logic behind Cam Reddish as a top pick is he’s 6”8 has a 7 foot wingspan, dribbles well, has good vision as a passer, good shot mechanics, and has shown good effort and potential on defense. Again his struggled weren’t all because of playing with Zion and RJ, he was in a system that didn’t fit his skill set and he also had really poor shot selection.

Because of his physical tools he was always going to be at the very least a lottery pick 

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t care about his 3 point shot. Its fine. He needs to improve his passing. It’s terribad. 

That kind of stuff can take some time.

Look at a guy like Harden.  He only averaged 2 assists a game his first two years in the league playing with Durant and Westbrook.

Sexton is still super young, he has a long way to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t care about his 3 point shot. Its fine. He needs to improve his passing. It’s terribad. 

Kyrie Irving was never good at getting assists to teammates and it used to annoy me to no end but didn't deter him from becoming a great player.  In no way am I saying Sexton is the next Kyrie but if Sexton can improve on all other facets of his game and not be a great passer, I believe I can live with it. 

Peace!!!

3 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Kyrie Irving was never good at getting assists to teammates and it used to annoy me to no end but didn't deter him from becoming a great player.  In no way am I saying Sexton is the next Kyrie but if Sexton can improve on all other facets of his game and not be a great passer, I believe I can live with it. 

Peace!!!

Kyrie was never going to win the way he played. If lebron never came around he would have barely ever made the playoffs. Him not passing was a huge issue. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kyrie was never going to win the way he played. If lebron never came around he would have barely ever made the playoffs. Him not passing was a huge issue. 

I don’t think so, he’s just not a lead guard.

He can’t be the one initiating offense and getting people involved.  If you ask him to do that, the team struggles.  He just needs to get buckets, which he does really well.  There’s a role for that guy, obviously.

• Like 1