Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

If you followed basketball you would realize JR Smiths 15m expiring contract is like cocaine to the plethora of teams looking for salary cap relief

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-heat-interested-in-salary-designed-deal-cavaliers-jr-smith/1d8rks8cuudyuz2r2lxcinnrw

Cocaine...

Miami...

This checks out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

If you followed basketball you would realize JR Smiths 15m expiring contract is like cocaine to the plethora of teams looking for salary cap relief

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-heat-interested-in-salary-designed-deal-cavaliers-jr-smith/1d8rks8cuudyuz2r2lxcinnrw

I don’t know what Miami can really offer. Straight up for the 13th pick? Try and use 13 with 5 and more to get #3 so we can draft Barrett?

Only players I would want is Richardson or Winslow and those dudes wouldn’t be used for a salary dump. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know what Miami can really offer. Straight up for the 13th pick? Try and use 13 with 5 and more to get #3 so we can draft Barrett?

Only players I would want is Richardson or Winslow and those dudes wouldn’t be used for a salary dump. 

The Cavs are willing to be a dump site for bad contracts. Its a 'You take JRs massive expiring for cap relief and we will eat that massive contract from one of your players" type thing.

I know James Johnson is a overpriced contract they want to get rid of--so the Cavs could take that off their hands and give them JR to clear a crap ton of cap space for the Heat. In return, the Cavs could ask for #13 from MIA. OR my thought is that they swap the #13 and #26 picks. So the Heat get cap relief + #26 and the Cavs get James Johnson on his bad contract and #13 so they have 2 lottery selections and can walk away with Culver at #5 and Brandon Clarke at #13 and BOOM rebuild complete. OR they could package #5 and #13 to move up to #3 with the Knicks and take RJ Barrett.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Cavs are willing to be a dump site for bad contracts. Its a 'You take JRs massive expiring for cap relief and we will eat that massive contract from one of your players" type thing.

I know James Johnson is a overpriced contract they want to get rid of--so the Cavs could take that off their hands and give them JR to clear a crap ton of cap space for the Heat. In return, the Cavs could ask for #13 from MIA. OR my thought is that they swap the #13 and #26 picks. So the Heat get cap relief + #26 and the Cavs get James Johnson on his bad contract and #13 so they have 2 lottery selections and can walk away with Culver at #5 and Brandon Clarke at #13 and BOOM rebuild complete. OR they could package #5 and #13 to move up to #3 with the Knicks and take RJ Barrett.

Only contract I would want to eat for them Ian whiteside

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Only contract I would want to eat for them Ian whiteside

Meh, James Johnson's 15m is a lot easier to take (and matches up with JRs contract) than Whitesides 27m contract. They might have to give us #13 straight up + Whiteside for JR which I don't think they would do.

This Miami Heat is what happens when you overpay average players trying to maintain relevance and 4 years later you have a bunch of massive horrible money your trying to offload. Dragic, Whiteside, Johnson, Waiters, ect NONE of them are worth anything near what they are getting paid. Good thing is MIA is desperate to offload and that #13 pick looks tasty

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Meh, James Johnson's 15m is a lot easier to take (and matches up with JRs contract) than Whitesides 27m contract. They might have to give us #13 straight up + Whiteside for JR which I don't think they would do.

This Miami Heat is what happens when you overpay average players trying to maintain relevance and 4 years later you have a bunch of massive horrible money your trying to offload. Dragic, Whiteside, Johnson, Waiters, ect NONE of them are worth anything near what they are getting paid. Good thing is MIA is desperate to offload and that #13 pick looks tasty

Man I want all the picks we can get. This draft has some role players in it that can be part of a championship team years from now. 

I think we can still get a star at 5 with either Culver or Reddish 

I still really want Kevin Porter 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Pick doesn’t look that tasty tho

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

He has more upside than anybody else who will be available at 5

Can't shoot, dribble, pass, plays like an idiot. He's basically a homeless mans Harrison Barnes. If hes not a lock down defender hes a 1 contract then overseas player.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck