Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I’m not saying they need to sign a bunch of guys and try and compete for the 8th spot. I just don’t want a full on tank. I have no problem sucking because of youth and inexperience. I just don’t want to tank and the team doesn’t even want to try and win games. Want them to start building a core and let them grow and have success. don’t put road blocks infront of them to have a worse record.

I don’t think this team ever tried to lose on purpose. Professional athletes are fiercely competitive. Maybe the GMs don’t want to see us win a bunch of games, but the coaches and players will almost never try to lose. They don’t care about some 17-18 year old player waiting to “save” them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t think this team ever tried to lose on purpose. Professional athletes are fiercely competitive. Maybe the GMs don’t want to see us win a bunch of games, but the coaches and players will almost never try to lose. They don’t care about some 17-18 year old player waiting to “save” them. 

Eh, I think there’s a point where a lot of guys give a “professional effort”.

I think the idea of being fiercely competitive is kinda humorous in the NBA.  I mean, just watch the regular season games and playoff games.  The level of effort shown on the defensive end is night and day.  

I think there are a lot of times during the regular season teams simply mail it in tbh, especially if the team is not having a lot of success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I think there’s a point where a lot of guys give a “professional effort”.

I think the idea of being fiercely competitive is kinda humorous in the NBA.  I mean, just watch the regular season games and playoff games.  The level of effort shown on the defensive end is night and day.  

I think there are a lot of times during the regular season teams simply mail it in tbh, especially if the team is not having a lot of success.

Yeah that’s why the saying flipping the switch was coined by the Cavs during this last lebron run. They coasted through the regular season. They didn’t care about wins and loses during the season. They knew they could show up in the playoffs and win the East. 

Believe if players see nothing but scrubs being brought in, they are not going to bust their butts to win games when the FO/GM isn’t trying to win. 

Also the best example of this is JR Smith, he knew the team wasn’t truly trying to win once Love went down. Also the same reason why Ty was fired after a week. They gave up with the dumb notion they wanted to win and wanted to play for their lottery pick. Cavs did tank last year, tank to keep their lottery pick

Edited by buno67

I think what just happened to the Knicks was worst than 0-16. 

At least by being that bad, we got the #1 overall pick and Baker to be our savior.

knicks tanked and bet on landing Zion KD and Irving. They lost Zion lottery and saw KD and Irving sign with the other NY team. 

How does the NBA not step and do a hostile take over of the Knicks. Greatly mishandling that franchise has cost the league so much money!