Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Something I really like about this team: When they struggle shooting, they get to the free throw line. I don’t care how bad your shooting, keep attacking. When you do that, you rack up fouls, get points, and build up your confidence. Your open looks will eventually start going in.

Now obviously, don’t be a stupid selfish shot chucker like Westbrook. However, you should try to be like Giannis style wise. If you’re shooting 60% from the line, it gets balanced out if you’re shooting a ton.

You must be able to defend for this to work too or you’re going to get yourself ran out of the building.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FGK said:

It's definitely the OSU fan in you.

But yes, love that we basically gave up a 1st and then just moved down in the 2nd. Everything is a lottery ticket at that point anyway. Almost as likely to get a gem in the 30s as the 50s IMO. 

Liddell in the 2nd makes sense now because those are just crapshoot picks. Best case scenario for him is Paul Milsap.

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If I’m Koby I’m trying to flip Collin for a lottery pick. We’ve got to get something out of his. Someone should want to pay something to have his rights 

I think we want to pay him. Rumors are that we offered him 5 years 100M in the offseason and he turned it down. Wants 4 years 100M. So I wouldn’t rule him out. Dan has shown countless amounts of times that he will pay. He doesn’t care about the tax. 

• Like 1

Very nice trade as Levert is from Ohio, played in big ten, two way player, can take it to the hoop, and a selfless team player

Nucleus of the team is very strong as Altman learned the hard way and discovered two way players and defensive players are the key to long term success

Decision onSexton will be made before next season as Levert will have opportunity to show his skills

Team plays hard for JB

Fans are coming to games again

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think we want to pay him. Rumors are that we offered him 5 years 100M in the offseason and he turned it down. Wants 4 years 100M. So I wouldn’t rule him out. Dan has shown countless amounts of times that he will pay. He doesn’t care about the tax. 

Obviously as an owner he wants to make as much money as possible, but I honestly thing owning the Cavs is a ego boost for him more than anything.

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This offseason is going to be crazy.

They have to extend Garland, Sexton, Osman and Levert as well as think about bringing Rubio back if they are able to get him cheap.

Ive read they are trying to lock everybody up longterm, including both Sexton/Levert. Going to be some crazy cap gymnastics and I think a huge part of it starts with a Kevin Love restructure. Have him void his last year of the 30M deal and maybe sign a 3/55M deal in order to retain some of these other players. 

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This offseason is going to be crazy.

They have to extend Garland, Sexton, Osman and Levert as well as think about bringing Rubio back if they are able to get him cheap.

Ive read they are trying to lock everybody up longterm, including both Sexton/Levert. Going to be some crazy cap gymnastics and I think a huge part of it starts with a Kevin Love restructure. Have him void his last year of the 30M deal and maybe sign a 3/55M deal in order to retain some of these other players. 

This isn’t the nfl you can’t just void and restructure a contract.  

• Like 1

Evan is such an amazing fit for us as a rookie.

Low ego, plays hard, defends his *** off, and looks for ways to contribute every night. Him and Allen (who has 15 and 17) put Sabonis in lockdown last night.

He’s gotta keep working on his shooting and getting stronger. He’s skinny, but he has an aggressive mentality and doesn’t get scared of contact despite his frame.

Side note, Sabonis reminds me of Pau Gasol in Memphis. A title contender needs to seriously trade for him.

Edited by candyman93