Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Alright, let's assume we roll into the playoffs with the current team, but with a healthy Markannen and a Sexton getting back into the swing of things. Here's how I see our playoff minutes shaking out. Regular season I wouldn't want anyone averaging more than about 30-32 minutes, but playoffs I think you look at about 32-36 for starters.

C - (32 - Allen), (16 - Mobley)
PF - (18 - Mobley), (10 - Markannen), (20 - Love)
SF - (20 - Markannen), (16 - Levert), (8 - Stevens), (4 - Wade)
SG - (32 - Okoro), (16- Levert)
PG - (32 - Garland), (16 - Sexton)

As Sexton gets his endurance back, he would take some Okoro minutes at the 2, and Okoro would take some Stevens minutes at the 3. Thoughts? Looking at this minutes distribution, I think our main need for a 2nd trade would be if Sexton isn't coming back for playoffs, OR if Markannen's injury looks more serious than initially revealed. Otherwise, I think this is a really solid playoff rotation for this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Evan is such an amazing fit for us as a rookie.

Low ego, plays hard, defends his *** off, and looks for ways to contribute every night. Him and Allen (who has 15 and 17) put Sabonis in lockdown last night.

He’s gotta keep working on his shooting and getting stronger. He’s skinny, but he has an aggressive mentality and doesn’t get scared of contact despite his frame.

Side note, Sabonis reminds me of Pau Gasol in Memphis. A title contender needs to seriously trade for him.

He has annoyed me to no end the past 2-3 weeks. His lack of strength to finish through any contact is a concern and the fact that he is butterfingers on offense when dribbling is also a huge concern.

Im going to buy that man a grip strength machiene because lord knows...

ther amount of times he gets the ball stolen from him backing somebody down is obnoxius 

adc99ec05640d381096f7d9f66e61b45da8ce984

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This isn’t the nfl you can’t just void and restructure a contract.  

Yes you can, there are just hoops to jump through. Im pretty sure this would apply to the Cavs. He would be taking a paycut annually, but he would also be adding more years and earning more over that time than his current contract.

He signed a 4yr/120M deal, the Cavs are under the cap and it would be a total salary increase.

A contract for four or more seasons can be renegotiated after the third anniversary of its signing, extension, or previous renegotiation (if the previous negotiation increased any season's salary by more than 4.5%). Contracts for fewer than four seasons cannot be renegotiated. A contract cannot be renegotiated between March 1 and June 30 of any year.

Only teams under the cap can renegotiate a contract, and the salary in the then-current season can be increased only to the extent that the team has room under the cap (and cannot increase the player's salary beyond the maximum salary). A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

If we get anything out of Sexton that we’re accustomed to we will reach the ECF.

Brooklynn looks physically done and they’re the only true potential “juggernaut.” There are a bunch of good teams, but nobody unbeatable. It’s kind of weirdly like the NFL when the top team in a conference is missing it’s star QB.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Assuming Brooklyn is banged up all year, here’s how I view the top teams in the East against us:

1. Chicago - Our biggest mismatch unfortunately. Derozan and Lavine would give us a lot of problems.

2. Miami - Probably our best matchup as long as the refs don’t let them get away with their usual BS. Mobley and Allen would shut down Bam. I think Okoro would just be used to harass Jimmy on offense all series. We have a MASSIVE size advantage against them.

3. Milwaukee - Ultimately comes down to Khris Middleton. Okoro can harass Holiday (he did last game) and Mobley + Allen can slow down Giannis. 

4. Philadelphia - Battle of the season: Our bigs vs their bigs. Would really need our guards to step up in this one.

42 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yes you can, there are just hoops to jump through. Im pretty sure this would apply to the Cavs. He would be taking a paycut annually, but he would also be adding more years and earning more over that time than his current contract.

He signed a 4yr/120M deal, the Cavs are under the cap and it would be a total salary increase.

A contract for four or more seasons can be renegotiated after the third anniversary of its signing, extension, or previous renegotiation (if the previous negotiation increased any season's salary by more than 4.5%). Contracts for fewer than four seasons cannot be renegotiated. A contract cannot be renegotiated between March 1 and June 30 of any year.

Only teams under the cap can renegotiate a contract, and the salary in the then-current season can be increased only to the extent that the team has room under the cap (and cannot increase the player's salary beyond the maximum salary). A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team.

We are not under the cap. Not even close. Especially with Caris, Darius and possibly sexton getting an extension in the offseason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Assuming Brooklyn is banged up all year, here’s how I view the top teams in the East against us:

1. Chicago - Our biggest mismatch unfortunately. Derozan and Lavine would give us a lot of problems.

2. Miami - Probably our best matchup as long as the refs don’t let them get away with their usual BS. Mobley and Allen would shut down Bam. I think Okoro would just be used to harass Jimmy on offense all series. We have a MASSIVE size advantage against them.

3. Milwaukee - Ultimately comes down to Khris Middleton. Okoro can harass Holiday (he did last game) and Mobley + Allen can slow down Giannis. 

4. Philadelphia - Battle of the season: Our bigs vs their bigs. Would really need our guards to step up in this one.

I think these would all be very tough matchups, but all potentially winnable. The East looks like it is going to be super competitive this year, no true juggernaut, but no terrible teams either. Even a team like Atlanta (if they keep getting their ish together) or Toronto could give someone a real run for their money in round one. We aren't the West with a serious possibility that the #1/2 seeds will be getting the closest thing possible to a bye series.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Lamelo got picked over Jarrett Allen which is a joke.

Oh well, hopefully the big guy just rests and cheers on Garland. I’m honestly not even sure if I want Garland playing much.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer that Garland opts out due to injury and get Allen in there.

But yeah. Lamelo getting in over Allen I really, really don't agree with. But I get it.

Khris Middleton though? Miss me with that BS.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Lamelo got picked over Jarrett Allen which is a joke.

Oh well, hopefully the big guy just rests and cheers on Garland. I’m honestly not even sure if I want Garland playing much.

LaMelo I don't agree with but I understand, Middleton is the joke.

Edit: what FGK said lol

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, brownie man said:

seems like we still may be in play for Schroder. Not sure how I feel about that. But depending on Garlands back this could be a good move 

I think this would be a great pickup.  Rondo has been shaky at best despite how he played this last game.  Schroder would be a major upgrade at the back up point guard spot.  He would provide ball handling stability and scoring.  Especially if he is paired with Okoro.

Peace!!!