Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

27 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

0 playoff appearances in 5 years. I’ll pass. Maybe he’ll be a good assistant coach though. 

To be fair that organization hasn’t had a ton of talent since, well, a long time ago.

Man my dark horse that I really like is Nori. Seems really good at game management. Something that JBB  was garbage at. 

But I also love Borrego. I think he was cheated by poor roster construction and really crappy management. He’s really good at offense, which we’re lacking big time. Get him a defensive minded assistant coach and voila, a perfect pairing. Oh and he has a pretty danged big defensive guy in one fo sho Evan Mobley. A pairing made in heaven. 

23 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Man my dark horse that I really like is Nori. Seems really good at game management. Something that JBB  was garbage at. 

But I also love Borrego. I think he was cheated by poor roster construction and really crappy management. He’s really good at offense, which we’re lacking big time. Get him a defensive minded assistant coach and voila, a perfect pairing. Oh and he has a pretty danged big defensive guy in one fo sho Evan Mobley. A pairing made in heaven. 

Charlotte fans say he’s a great offensive mind but a horrible game manager and leader. Sounds like a guy I’d rather have as a lead assistant than HC. Nori would be my pick. He’s supposedly the twolves game management guy and is thought of as one of the best in the game. That’s what I want out of a HC. Hire strong assistants to build the offense and defense like the nfl does and let the HC manage. 

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Charlotte fans say he’s a great offensive mind but a horrible game manager and leader. Sounds like a guy I’d rather have as a lead assistant than HC. Nori would be my pick. He’s supposedly the twolves game management guy and is thought of as one of the best in the game. That’s what I want out of a HC. Hire strong assistants to build the offense and defense like the nfl does and let the HC manage. 

Holy crap, you and I agreeing on something?  What’s wrong with this world?  Unfortunately that’s what’s wrong with all these guys. They’re all special in something, just not everything. Perhaps the best option is hire Borrego as HC and Nori as assistant. Or vicey versey. 

Boston will repeat next year barring injury. Tatum and Brown are great players, but it’s the 2-way role guys like White and Holliday that make them almost impossible to beat. 

Porzingis also gave them a consistent 3rd scorer and shot blocker.

All 5 starters can defend at a good to elite level. 

8 hours ago, #32 said:

What about Luke Walton, former Lakers and Kings coach?

He’s one of the worst head coaches in recent memory. I’ll pass. 

Marc stein is reporting that Kenny Atkinson is in the lead. Im not a huge fan. Hes nearly 60 and is still relatively unknown as a HC. But the word on him from the Reddit nerds is that he’s a very good developmental coach. Which is what we need.