Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 hours ago, FGK said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40420401/sources-cleveland-cavaliers-hiring-kenny-atkinson-coach

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1805243047996756387

And there it is, it's Atkinson. I think we waited a year too long for a year with an obvious right answer (Nick Nurse last year), but this is probably the most likely outcome. I'm willing to wait and see.

Honestly he wasn’t my first choice. But it’s a solid hire. I think he was screwed in new Joiwzezie. Spelling eh? I’m not one of them. 

This team needs to act as a team and move around. During that time on the winning streak we acted like a team and moved the ball around. It took a bunch of injuries for JBB to actually coach a bit and dip into what talent we have. I really think these guys will respond to Atkinsons coaching style. He’s an offensive coach and we have enough defensive minded players to make it work. 

Will it work out?  Yeah I’m oblivious and don’t know. I’m pretty confident JBB didn’t get these guys to their best. I saw major talent when these guys acted as a team. I saw guys that had that desire to win and win big when they played as a TEAM. Can Atkinson get that out of these guys?  

Hopefully. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If the Mitchell extension rumors are true, the next step would be to move Garland and Allen. Get an actual wing who can score.

Have Mobley be the full time C and lock him inside of a weight room.

Mobley shouldn’t play C full time. Let someone else take that beating for 82 games and play Mobley at C in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Mobley shouldn’t play C full time. Let someone else take that beating for 82 games and play Mobley at C in the playoffs. 

Allen is overqualified for this, thus why he's been in trade talks, but yeah, this makes a lot of sense. We need a guy for the regular season to take ~30 minutes a game at center so that Mobley can get used to it and be ready to weaponize it in the playoffs, but not have to take the physical grind all season.

On 6/24/2024 at 11:35 AM, candyman93 said:

If the Mitchell extension rumors are true, the next step would be to move Garland and Allen. Get an actual wing who can score.

The rumors are that we aren't moving anybody, but that might just be trying to get the price up. I'd love to see the core four stay together, but that only works if they think Mobley can be a 3-4 3pt attempts per game guy who can hit ~35% of them. And even if they do that, the role players all over will have to become better shooters. And we'll need to play Sam Merill more.

On 6/24/2024 at 11:35 AM, candyman93 said:

No. We are keeping those guys. The market for Allen might be helpful. The market for Garland will be extremely low given his talent. What wing could we get for him this year? Ingram (no thanks) or Keldon Johnson? That doesn't make us better in the short or long-term in my opinion.

I'm not totally opposed to trading anyone on this team, but not right now, where the wings teams are willing to part with are bleh. It makes sense in theory to trade DG, until you look at who would want him and what they could offer us. There is no market for him, especially if the rumors of Trae Young &/or Dejounte Murray being on the trade block are true.

In a trade-up scenario to top 10...would love to grab Dalton Knecht...smooth scorer

In a trade-up scenario to top 15....would love to grab Tristan Da Silva..nice all around game

Staying at 20...some realistic targets...Nikola Topic (he may drop due to injury)....Zack Edey...(originally not a 1st rounder, but hard to ignore that size)...my favorite would be Terrance Shannon....(has some Donovon Mitchell traits)

9 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

In a trade-up scenario to top 10...would love to grab Dalton Knecht...smooth scorer

In a trade-up scenario to top 15....would love to grab Tristan Da Silva..nice all around game

Staying at 20...some realistic targets...Nikola Topic (he may drop due to injury)....Zack Edey...(originally not a 1st rounder, but hard to ignore that size)...my favorite would be Terrance Shannon....(has some Donovon Mitchell traits)

These are my guys too. Lets go. 

12 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Knecht and Da Silva go 17-18, rough. Would've been nice either way. Now we hope for Shannon.