Kyler Murray and Cardinals agree to extension (46.1M / yr)

Forge

On 8/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, MWil23 said:

Allen is every bit the rusher Murray is

While I addressed this before, I did find an interesting nugget. Kyler Murray is one of only 2 QBs in NFL history with a season of 800+ rushing yards and 10+ rushing TDs. The other is Cam Newton in 2015. Murray also achieved the third most rushing TDs in a season by a QB in 2020. First and second place both go to Newton.

Kyler Murray's 2020 season is also top-8 all time for rushing yards by a QB, according to StatMuse. He also has a slightly better yards per carry number than Josh Allen with 5.7 yards per carry versus Allen's 5.5. Both are extremely comparable by the numbers, though. 

Also noticed that Allen has a fantastic 14:1 playoff TD:INT ratio in just 3 games. Dude's a beast.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 11:12 AM, HoboRocket said:

More mobile, better at extending plays, more accurate deep ball. 

IMO, not better at extending plays and the more accurate deep ball is def questionable. More mobile? Maybe because he's more agile but Josh Allens best trait and why he kills defenses is his ability to extend the play. 

I'm not even going to touch the Allen vs Murray argument from the Jets fan lol. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-nfl-deep-passers-of-2021-three-qbs-playing-for-new-teams-i

EDIT: also I'm not trying to discredit Murray at all. Just think Allens on par at least with some of the abilities listed above. 

Edited by The BILLievers