Kyler Murray and Cardinals agree to extension (46.1M / yr)

Forge

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

This whole saga was beyond uncomfortable.

Like watching a couple fight in front of you the entire night out lol

Is there a single person who watched this happen who’s coming away thinking things are gonna turn out well long term between these 2 parties?

No, but they are absolutely meant for each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What? Enforcing this and actively insulting your franchise QB would be way dumber. Who cares how it looks? Fans opinions don't actually mean anything.

Who said anything about enforcing it? Make it a nonstory by dropping it and the media will eventually leave it. This is just extending the news cycle.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 - this only adds to my thought that this was leaked by Kyler’s side.

It’s tinfoil, but if this is the desired outcome - wasn’t it worth it?

Rapaport has a cover story that seems pretty reasonable to me - he was checking the baseball clause in the contract because it's interesting and found this. 

But yeah there's always going to be tinfoil now because it worked.

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Who said anything about enforcing it? Make it a nonstory by dropping it and the media will eventually leave it. This is just extending the news cycle.

In July, when news cycles do not matter.

Way better to take this question away from the media now then let it percolate until Week 1.

40 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In July, when news cycles do not matter.

Way better to take this question away from the media now then let it percolate until Week 1.

You think the first sub par performance by Murray/ the offense this doesn't get brought up in interviews?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You think the first sub par performance by Murray/ the offense this doesn't get brought up in interviews?

It's not going to stop the media from asking, but I'd much rather be able to boringly refer to a public statement made in July than have to make my franchise QB say "yes I'm working my hardest" after every single loss. So you can prevent the bad faith follow up questions.

And in general it's better to admit you made a mistake and move on than double down for the sake of public appearance.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

…wut?

Passing Rushing
Rk Player Year G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
1 Josh Allen 2021 17 11-6-0 409 646 63.3 4407 36 92.2 61 15 26 164 6.8 6.89 6.31 6.38 122 763 6 6.3 34
2 Kyler Murray 2021 14 9-5-0 333 481 69.2 3787 24 100.6 77 10 31 286 7.9 7.94 6.84 6.90 88 423 5 4.8 57

I mean.......Dude's got an argument at least.

• Like 2