Kyler Murray and Cardinals agree to extension (46.1M / yr)

Forge

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah so the point is to find the root cause, which may or may not be Kingsbury.

I'd guess that his wacky playcalling and strategy played a key role in it. Even Mahomes couldn't overcome Kliff's second half failures.

12 hours ago, NudeTayne said:
15 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jokes just write themselves 😂😂

Somehow this made Kyler look even worse

Oh yikes. I feel like he started okayish but then just reeked of immaturity. There’s a way of addressing this professionally to the media without creating a divide between you and your coaching staff, and boasting about yourself and accolades. That’s not a winner’s mentality. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Every college's splits look like that because decent schools front load their schedules with cupcakes. 

I think a big part of it is that he reveals his entire playbook way too early so his out of the box philosophies catch teams off guard early on but by the time the end of the season rolls around they just don't work anymore.

51 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Hard Knocks execs must be loving this.

Never have watched the show but completely forgot AZ was the team this season.

Yes , they're probably salivating at the Soap Opera about to unfold. No doubt.

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not going to stop the media from asking, but I'd much rather be able to boringly refer to a public statement made in July than have to make my franchise QB say "yes I'm working my hardest" after every single loss. So you can prevent the bad faith follow up questions.

And in general it's better to admit you made a mistake and move on than double down for the sake of public appearance.

You can't erase people's minds that the clause never existed.

Whether the clause is in the contract or not, the question on Murray work/ study habits will remain.

Removing the clause doesn't remove the fact that Arizona felt the need to have it in the contract in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You can't erase people's minds that the clause never existed.

Whether the clause is in the contract or not, the question on Murray work/ study habits will remain.

Removing the clause doesn't remove the fact that Arizona felt the need to have it in the contract in the first place.

Obviously, but it's better to apologize and own a mistake than to not. 

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

How do we know it was a mistake?

For the love of god dude this doesn't have to be that complicated. If putting the clause in was stupid, then taking it out is smart. 

If you're so invested in calling the Cardinals dumb that you want to argue the original clause they put in wasn't a bad idea, feel free.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For the love of god dude this doesn't have to be that complicated. If putting the clause in was stupid, then taking it out is smart. 

If you're so invested in calling the Cardinals dumb that you want to argue the original clause they put in wasn't a bad idea, feel free.

I think you might be the one invested in the pro/ con of the clause based on this response.  Sorry to get you so wound up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think you might be the one invested in the pro/ con of the clause based on this response.  Sorry to get you so wound up

Nope, was being condescending. Here, I'll make it less subtle for you: if put words in bad, then take words out good.

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For the love of god dude this is exactly what 50% or so of us are arguing. We think it was a bad signing and that this clause was indicative of what has been and what is to come. I like your posts, but it's silly how you are trying to characterize things; there are all sorts of questions about Kyler, his attitude and commitment. He's talented but has a weird personality, had played both special and like garbage. He has done a lot of streaming and seemed unprepared at times to the point that the team didn't accidentally put this unprecedented clause in. It seems like you are being intentionally obtuse.