Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - ***Spoilers***

Acgott

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay, and how is that different than Killmonger forcing his ideals on Earth from the most powerful position in the world?

What you posted is exactly like Killmonger, yet you're saying they're different. Maybe I missed something in another post and this is your point?

It's not his point because he said this:

But if you want to think of it that narrowly, then I guess he is just another singular guy who needs to rule the world? But I never once thought of him as that.

Thanos wants that, Ultron wants that, Red Skull, Loki, Obadiah Stain, Ego, Hella, they all want it for themselves. Ive never seen Killmonger along that same line of thinking.

Which is comical because Thanos doesn't want it for himself, and Killmonger does.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay, and how is that different than Killmonger forcing his ideals on Earth from the most powerful position in the world?

What you posted is exactly like Killmonger, yet you're saying they're different. Maybe I missed something in another post and this is your point?

That is fair, the more I look at it, the more Killmonger and Thanos had similar approaches (on much different scales) But that doesnt change that Killmonger was not a me, me, me villain. He wanted revenge for himself sure, but had (what he believed at the least) to be a much nobler cause than the likes of Red Skull or Loki or many others

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Which is comical because Thanos doesn't want it for himself, and Killmonger does.

I dont know how you can say that, they both want the world/universe to be shaped in the image that they deem to be correct. So while maybe putting Thanos in that original group is incorrect, saying that Killmonger wants the power specifically to him on top is also incorrect

Killmonger gives T'Challa the option to do what he is saying while he is in chains, its only when that is refused which he then enacts his right to the throne of Wakanda because they are too weak to do what must be done.

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont know how you can say that, they both want the world/universe to be shaped in the image that they deem to be correct. So while maybe putting Thanos in that original group is incorrect, saying that Killmonger wants the power specifically to him on top is also incorrect

Killmonger gives T'Challa the option to do what he is saying while he is in chains, its only when that is refused which he then enacts his right to the throne of Wakanda because they are too weak to do what must be done.

I can say it because it's true. It's not for his personal gain or glory or anything of the sort. It's for everyone else to survive. It's for others. He doesn't want to do it. It's for life to literally continue to exist (in his mind). It has nothing to do with shaping anything. He and his men are not exempt from the 50% that could be wiped out. In Thanos mind it is an unselfish act. For Killmonger it is a selfish desire.

52 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I can say it because it's true. It's not for his personal gain or glory or anything of the sort. It's for everyone else to survive. It's for others. He doesn't want to do it. It's for life to literally continue to exist (in his mind). It has nothing to do with shaping anything. He and his men are not exempt from the 50% that could be wiped out. In Thanos mind it is an unselfish act. For Killmonger it is a selfish desire.

We’re just going to keep going in circles here. But I’d like to know where Thanos ever said he was flipping a coin on himself when he snapped (I also don’t think we ever saw a single one of his men dusted)

Finally saw it! Enjoyed it a lot. Namor was fantastic. Way more interesting than rockstar Aquaman. Needed way more Dora Milaje action and music. Didn’t enjoy Okoye being stripped of her rank, felt off to me. Riri didn’t need to be in the movie. Wish we got another Val scene so we could her plan. I was expecting a credit scene with her. Can’t wait for Kang to break the multiverse so we can age the new Challa up.

solid film. really liked the wakanda/namor stuff. I wish we got more of that and less of Williams/American gov stuff. I guess that was used to tease her show and the Bad Avengers film. The downsides of being stuck in a connected universe

Edited by August4th

22 hours ago, Acgott said:

Finally saw it! Enjoyed it a lot. Namor was fantastic. Way more interesting than rockstar Aquaman. Needed way more Dora Milaje action and music. Didn’t enjoy Okoye being stripped of her rank, felt off to me. Riri didn’t need to be in the movie. Wish we got another Val scene so we could her plan. I was expecting a credit scene with her. Can’t wait for Kang to break the multiverse so we can age the new Challa up.

Watching it a second time, I felt what Ramonda was saying when she stripped Okoye. Them kinda getting a pass bye standing by Killmonger. And that it was her fault Shuri was now probably going to die. I agree it felt harsh though. Wasn’t really a way to do a reconciliation scene between them.

I liked Riri, probably wouldn’t have been that hard to not have her in it. But thought she was fun. 2nd watch again I realized how much weight she carries as the mood lifter. Film is so grief stricken and desperate. Was weird to have that happen in a marvel movie, actually appreciating the little quips. Maybe not beating the audience over the head with that constantly is the way to go?!?

am curious where we see Val again before Thunderbolts. 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

am curious where we see Val again before Thunderbolts. 

Gotta imagine she pops up in Secret Invasion somehow. The trailer makes it look like a straight spy thriller and she is the head of the CIA. Other than that there aren't a lot of obvious places for her to show up until Cap 4 in May 2024 which is the last project before Thunderbolts. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Gotta imagine she pops up in Secret Invasion somehow. The trailer makes it look like a straight spy thriller and she is the head of the CIA. Other than that there aren't a lot of obvious places for her to show up until Cap 4 in May 2024 which is the last project before Thunderbolts. 

wonder if she'll show up in Ironheart? Some speculation that the The Hood could be on the team.

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Watching it a second time, I felt what Ramonda was saying when she stripped Okoye. Them kinda getting a pass bye standing by Killmonger. And that it was her fault Shuri was now probably going to die. I agree it felt harsh though. Wasn’t really a way to do a reconciliation scene between them.

Yeah, but just doing in front of the whole council. I totally get Ramonda’s decision, and doing it out of pure emotion, it makes sense on the surface. It just felt out of place. Killmonger happened 10 years earlier. I just think there was a better way to handle that scene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Yeah, but just doing in front of the whole council. I totally get Ramonda’s decision, and doing it out of pure emotion, it makes sense on the surface. It just felt out of place. Killmonger happened 10 years earlier. I just think there was a better way to handle that scene.

Would it have been 10 years? Or more like 7-8?

Not nitpicking just want to make sure I have the timeline right.

BP happened in 616 early 2017 right? And this would’ve been in like 2025?

Regardless was a long time to hold a grudge that fierce. But yeah the emotion of what was happening covered it up for me. I think the thing about that that was a little more off was the lack of reaction from others once the decree was made and from memory did we really not see her for awhile after that? Was the Market scene the first time we saw her again?

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would it have been 10 years? Or more like 7-8?

Not nitpicking just want to make sure I have the timeline right.

BP happened in 616 early 2017 right? And this would’ve been in like 2025?

Regardless was a long time to hold a grudge that fierce. But yeah the emotion of what was happening covered it up for me. I think the thing about that that was a little more off was the lack of reaction from others once the decree was made and from memory did we really not see her for awhile after that? Was the Market scene the first time we saw her again?

Yeah, I didn’t double check the calendar lol. Even the scene in the lab, Ramonda didn’t put up much of a fight. Market was the next place we saw her. Just chilling, like she didn’t know Namor was coming. 

8 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Yeah, I didn’t double check the calendar lol. Even the scene in the lab, Ramonda didn’t put up much of a fight. Market was the next place we saw her. Just chilling, like she didn’t know Namor was coming. 

Ha all good, was just like how much in the future is this?

I guess they just got back? But now that you say it was it just pure arrogance that the people in the streets seemed like nothing was happening?