Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - ***Spoilers***

Acgott

47 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I’m the opposite. I been dying for an Aquaman and Atlantis vs Wonder Woman and the Amazons War like they do in Flashpoint. This is probably the closest we will ever get. The fight choreography better be fantastic. It’s a shame that T’Challa isn’t there.

I'm not against the war. I'm against it being vs. the blue things from Avatar

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He took the herb, and is family.
He already went there in the last one.

I meant moreso from a story/development side. Why would they include Killmonger besides just for shock value? Everyone who would possibly go to the astral plane absolutely despised him. 

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I meant moreso from a story/development side. Why would they include Killmonger besides just for shock value? Everyone who would possibly go to the astral plane absolutely despised him. 

It's a more interesting thing than just T'chaka giving a pep talk, and he only makes sense for Shuri.. Which seems like the alternative, unless they are adding a new person.
Could be the Panther Goddess, herself, who was in Thor.

The film is kind of an echo of what Killmonger's goal was. Open themselves to the world, raise up their people around the world. Which is what Riri seemingly is a part of, and speculation is one of Namor's gripes is with Riri. His anger is also very similar to how Killmonger came in, so there is a bit of a "speak to a villain in jail to help catch a worse one" trope there.

T'Challa made them all honor a lot of his vision, yeah they hated what he did...but they at least went a long with seeing that out.
So it probably moves into a little more complicated.

Just far more you can do with that scene with him. It can be contentious, he can push back a little.
But end of the day he was a Wakandan, and would want them to protect themselves from a war with Atlantis.
Would be interesting to see how he viewed the peaceful route they took.

28 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Man, this teaser doesn’t look like an MCU movie visually. It’s so gorgeous and vibrant.

Seriously it might be one of the top trailers for a MCU movie.   Maybe Civil War’s airport scene in terms of wow factor but I don’t think it matches the gravitas and visuals / sound.   Just hits me like a ton of bricks feeling wise.  

Trailers can often disappoint when the final cut is released but I’m totally hooked now.   Mission accomplished on their end. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Seriously it might be one of the top trailers for a MCU movie.   Maybe Civil War’s airport scene in terms of wow factor but I don’t think it matches the gravitas and visuals / sound.   Just hits me like a ton of bricks feeling wise.  

Trailers can often disappoint when the final cut is released but I’m totally hooked now.   Mission accomplished on their end. 

Have you ever seen this video? It’s from a few years ago.

• Like 1

So it seems the MCU has changed Namor and his kingdom up a little bit to help distinguish him/them from Aquaman and Atlantis. Some pretty clear South American influence in their architecture and clothing. A new toy was also just released that said he leads a nation called Talocan.

• 2 months later...

I know that Riri is a comic character. But I hate that there’s someone in an Iron Man suit that isn’t Stark or Rhodie and they are a kid. In the previous IM movies they showed other tech giants and world governments trying to build suits and failing spectacularly, yet a kid gets it done. Really hope the backstory for that is presented well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I know that Riri is a comic character. But I hate that there’s someone in an Iron Man suit that isn’t Stark or Rhodie and they are a kid. In the previous IM movies they showed other tech giants and world governments trying to build suits and failing spectacularly, yet a kid gets it done. Really hope the backstory for that is presented well. 

It's probably likely that Shuri helps her build the suit. It's also not like she's a child, she's a teenager...and a very gifted one at that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

In the comics she is presented as basically Tony Stark in terms of intelligence. She follows a shockingly similar path to Tony from losing her parents young to being at MIT at age 15. 

The big thing, that addresses your complaint directly, is that Tony is dead when Riri is introduced. Having already had his eye on her from a talent perspective, Tony has an AI copy of himself sent to Riri to serve as her Jarvis, except its legit just Tony. Tony's AI, with all of real Tony's memories, then helps her build an Iron Man suit of her own. 

I think in this flick, we wont get AI Tony but we will see Shuri recognize her talent in the same way and help her in the same way. 

• Like 1