Ravens TC 2022

DreamKid

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I absolutely love everything about Badie. He's essentially everything we thought Justice Hill could be. 

Badie makes decisive cuts and is patient without taking too long. I know it's early in the game but the kid has burst and is impressing me. 

Badie -> juiced up Hill

Pepe -> juiced up Tavon

• Like 1

Ardarius Washington is a baller. He needs to be getting early slot reps next week now that he’s back and healthy and seems to be picking up where he left off last year.

Love Pepe but I think Washington is the best pure slot coverage corner on this team

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Likely is too talented to purely be a number 2 TE. Could see him filling the Miles Boykin role as a big receiver, which is exciting because unlike Boykin, Likely is actually good 

Whatever they need to do to get him on the field so that he, Bateman and Andrews can all feast do it. He is way too talented to be on the sidelines.

9 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm watching this game and not understanding why Harbaugh is playing Hamilton and Jones in the 4th quarter.  

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

And Jones got hurt.

I would understand questioning Hamilton being in there, but Jones is a rookie third round pick who was the only pro prospect playing on a bad UConn team last year. He's the type of player that actually stands to benefit from preseason games (not making the roster, but developing and learning against live fire). 

Luckily it doesn't sound like anything serious: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/22/ravens-dont-think-travis-jones-will-miss-extended-time-with-knee-injury/

• Like 1

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

So Likely is basically just a big slot receiver right? 

Ideally that’s how he should be used. Like the Kelce, Jimmy Graham, etc. type “tight ends” who don’t really do any in-line blocking.

we should be trying to find ways to get him on the field anyway we can. If he’s used similarly to Nick Boyle or Hayden Hurst have been behind Mandrews, it won’t be enough, imo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Ideally that’s how he should be used. Like the Kelce, Jimmy Graham, etc. type “tight ends” who don’t really do any in-line blocking.

we should be trying to find ways to get him on the field anyway we can. If he’s used similarly to Nick Boyle or Hayden Hurst have been behind Mandrews, it won’t be enough, imo 

It's great because slot WR is not a strength for us, as much as we would love to rely on James Proche for that role. I'd much rather have someone who's pretty large like Likely out there who can run and also block DB's in the run game.

Teams are going to be forced to run nickel/dime against us and hopefully we can run on that consistently.