Can Howell Leapfrog Heinicke to be our #2?

turtle28

Will Howell Leapfrog Heinicke to be our #2?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will Howell Leapfrog Heinicke to be our #2?

• Yes
    • No
    • If so, Heinicke gets cut.

It’s training camp, hope springs eternal. I’m hoping he can beat out Wentz for the #1 spot.

I’m envisioning a Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson type situation here, where the disrespected rookie comes in, outplays the vet brought in to start, and makes it impossible to deny him. 

And think about it. That was in 2011. It’s been 11 years since then. And what number does Carson Flynn wear?

6osk2e.jpg

/Ace

• Like 5

On 8/3/2022 at 11:16 AM, e16bball said:

It’s training camp, hope springs eternal. I’m hoping he can beat out Wentz for the #1 spot.

I’m envisioning a Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson type situation here, where the disrespected rookie comes in, outplays the vet brought in to start, and makes it impossible to deny him. 

And think about it. That was in 2011. It’s been 11 years since then. And what number does Carson Flynn wear?

6osk2e.jpg

/Ace

Am I in the minority here where I want Carson to be great? I live not far from Philly and it would be so lovely to just tell them constantly they picked the wrong guy.

39 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Am I in the minority here where I want Carson to be great? I live not far from Philly and it would be so lovely to just tell them constantly they picked the wrong guy.

I can't answer for The Forum , but man, I'm with you. He's got the arm , he's got the size. I'm on the Carson train till he tells me to get the Hellofff. !

• Like 1

When Madden 23 comes out in 2 weeks. My first move with Washington is cutting/trading Wentz (clearing 24+M in cap) & starting Sam Howell. (And trading for 99+ rated LT Trent Williams & moving Leno to RT cause Cosmi sucks)

I really like Sam Howell as our rookie & think he could be a good one.

Having said all that....

I hope Wentz breaks Peyton Manning's Single season passing yards record.

Takes us deep into the Playoffs & makes every pundit dogging Wentz all off season eat a bag of crow.

Including & especially Jim Irsay.

5 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I think everyone wants him to be great bc we want Washington to be great. A lot of people in the forum & even Commanders fans in general didn’t want to trade for him but, he’s here now so people want him to succeed.

7 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I’d love it if Carson was great. 

But if you give me a choice between a 29-year-old making $28M/year being great or a 21-year-old making $1M/year being great — I’ll take the cheap kid every single time. That would be the best thing that could ever happen to us. 

…it’s not going to, so we’ll continue to pin our hopes on Carson turning back from pumpkin into magnificent stagecoach. But Howell turning out to be an instant star would be magical for this franchise. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, e16bball said:

But if you give me a choice between a 29-year-old making $28M/year being great or a 21-year-old making $1M/year being great — I’ll take the cheap kid every single time. That would be the best thing that could ever happen to us. 

…it’s not going to, so we’ll continue to pin our hopes on Carson turning back from pumpkin into magnificent stagecoach. But Howell turning out to be an instant star would be magical for this franchise. 

Things like this dont happen to fans like us

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things, if Carson goes down, do you really want a 5th round rookie who might have played against 3rd and 4th stringers who will be working somewhere else when the regular season starts taking over without have a good full season under the belt to learn the NFL? Heinecke has been here, has started, and gives you the better chance to win. If the season is mathmatically over, then throw the kid in with the first team and see what you got. 

This is the start of preseason. Wentz is the starter and Heinicke is the #2. That aint changing. 

I hope they carry 3 QB's on the active roster, cause if stashed on the PS, Howell won't be there long before joining an active roster. You can bet on that. And you can't risk on that, if you believe he can be something special. 

7 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

In the grand scheme of things, if Carson goes down, do you really want a 5th round rookie who might have played against 3rd and 4th stringers who will be working somewhere else when the regular season starts taking over without have a good full season under the belt to learn the NFL? Heinecke has been here, has started, and gives you the better chance to win. If the season is mathmatically over, then throw the kid in with the first team and see what you got. 

This is the start of preseason. Wentz is the starter and Heinicke is the #2. That aint changing. 

I hope they carry 3 QB's on the active roster, cause if stashed on the PS, Howell won't be there long before joining an active roster. You can bet on that. And you can't risk on that, if you believe he can be something special. 

Cheers Applause GIF

21 hours ago, e16bball said:

Amy Adams GIF

7 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

I hear you, I guess I would point to how Kirk Cousins performed vs the Ravens & Browns in 2012 as saying it’s possible that a mid round rookie could come in and manage the game/just not make mistakes while we mostly rely on the run game.

I do agree with your last two paragraphs.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:31 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

You’re not in the minority, Indont think. I want Wentz to be great for us but, I also want him to be great to shove it in Philly & Indy’s faces who think they made this great decision by moving on from him after a few bad games & are smearing him in the process.