Jets OT Mekhi Becton suffers avulstion fracture of the kneecap; Likely out for season

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Wirfs also had a wrestling background which if you guys know anything about wrestling, it is the most grueling sport and you need to be in incredible shape to even be good at it. Talk about the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. 

To build off that I think we need to do whatever we have to do to sign Duane Brown and stick him at LT and swing Fant back to RT. They have been on the same o-line at those same spots together in Seattle, it only makes sense. Brown is a better option for us than Riley Reiff would've been. Mitchell can keep developing and that swing tackle role is important in this offense, that's a good role for him for now. If Fant can't get healthy we might have a problem.

I agree. I do think we are slightly overrating Brown, but hes the best option on the market. I would not be opposed with Williams at RT either. Brown really was wildly mediocre last year. Im not sure how he was a pro-bowler. 

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I agree. I do think we are slightly overrating Brown, but hes the best option on the market. I would not be opposed with Williams at RT either. Brown really was wildly mediocre last year. Im not sure how he was a pro-bowler. 

I'm not sure who Williams is.

Here's a name worth mentioning - Jason Peters. 

He is feeling like a Kris Jenkins. Big massive guy will just keep having knee injuries.

Sucks, waste of a career. He had some real talent, he could just clear lanes in the run game. Even if his pass blocking wasn't fully developed yet, his run blocking was pretty nasty. 

12 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

He is feeling like a Kris Jenkins. Big massive guy will just keep having knee injuries.

Sucks, waste of a career. He had some real talent, he could just clear lanes in the run game. Even if his pass blocking wasn't fully developed yet, his run blocking was pretty nasty. 

its up to him now. if he decides to put in the work and not just 5 weeks before camp, he could be our swing tackle next year and maybe even find himself in the starting lineup again. If he continues to balloon his weight up to 400 pounds and then try to drop in all at once again, he'll never make it. 

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

its up to him now. if he decides to put in the work and not just 5 weeks before camp, he could be our swing tackle next year and maybe even find himself in the starting lineup again. If he continues to balloon his weight up to 400 pounds and then try to drop in all at once again, he'll never make it. 

He doesn't have the heart to be great. And I say that with confidence. Some people are just born with natural talent and that gets them far. But what separates others is the work ethic along with the talent and the desire to be great. He lacks both those qualities. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He doesn't have the heart to be great. And I say that with confidence. Some people are just born with natural talent and that gets them far. But what separates others is the work ethic along with the talent and the desire to be great. He lacks both those qualities. 

Agreed. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not saying you're right or wrong but I have no idea how you can definitively make that statement.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Interviews and how he handles his body.

Not sure after having a knee injury and gaining weight qualifies you for not having heart or work ethic but i see where you are coming from.  I mean he did come into camp in shape where the coaches wanted him so he's not not working hard either.

Was listening to something and the guy said Becton was limping around before the injury and he/coaching staff should have sat him out but he gets so much **** from the media he had to play through it which lead to the fracture. 

Then I also heard he did not get the recommended surgery on his knee. Could explain why recovery took so long as well.