Predict the 53 and the P Squad

clarkfn2284

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

He doesn't have the team carrying 3 QBs. 

Has Hasty making it over Sermon. 

Has the team keeping 4 tight ends (Kroft) and 9 offensive linemen. The latter is the big one that we have mentioned a few times because if Poe has forced his way on to the roster, you have to cut Jaylon Moore or find a way to keep 9. MM did it by cutting the 6th receiver and the third QB. 

We've talked a little out the DL talent - I had cut Turay as my last man out while others cut Willis. MM goes another route and has Hyder as the man out. 

I kept both Willis and Turay. I feel like Willis is a good ST player and Ridgeway probably doesn't offer anything in the way of STs, so I bounced Ridgeway in favor of Willis, but that makes us pretty thin on the interior. I justified this in my head by saying that Omenihu and Hyder could slide inside in a pinch if needed then we could promote someone from the PS the next week. 

This certainly will be the most fun cut-down day in recent memory. There are so many ways this roster could be put together. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He doesn't have the team carrying 3 QBs. 

Has Hasty making it over Sermon. 

Has the team keeping 4 tight ends (Kroft) and 9 offensive linemen. The latter is the big one that we have mentioned a few times because if Poe has forced his way on to the roster, you have to cut Jaylon Moore or find a way to keep 9. MM did it by cutting the 6th receiver and the third QB. 

We've talked a little out the DL talent - I had cut Turay as my last man out while others cut Willis. MM goes another route and has Hyder as the man out. 

I think Turay definitely makes it. He is really the only backup on the roster for what Ebukam brings. You want that guy to set the edge in the running game and set the top of the pocket as a pass rusher (and sometimes get some pressures). The rest of the defensive end rotation (including Jackson) are power edge type guys or balance type guys that want to go through you a heavy chunk of the time. And I think having a guy that tends to go around the tackle means that you balance out the angles of attack and leave one less direction of escape. Hyder is an interesting cut - on quality he'd be too good of a player to cut by all camp accounts, but the team has a glut of big end / small undertackle types. And Omenihu is first in line for the Arden Key role on passing downs and Drake Jackson will get a ton of reps as the bigger end on running downs and in the Arden Key role on passing downs for the second team. I kept Hyder because of his quality as a player, but I also only had two QBs and 5 WRs. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I kept both Willis and Turay. I feel like Willis is a good ST player and Ridgeway probably doesn't offer anything in the way of STs, so I bounced Ridgeway in favor of Willis, but that makes us pretty thin on the interior. I justified this in my head by saying that Omenihu and Hyder could slide inside in a pinch if needed then we could promote someone from the PS the next week. 

This certainly will be the most fun cut-down day in recent memory. There are so many ways this roster could be put together. 

yeah, that interior is in rough shape in terms of space eaters. Kinlaw is now sub 300 pounds, so he isn't even that dude any more. It's like we have 5 Three techs but no true nose tackles to man up when push comes to shove. I am pretty concerned about the run defense on the interior right now. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

yeah, that interior is in rough shape in terms of space eaters. Kinlaw is now sub 300 pounds, so he isn't even that dude any more. It's like we have 5 Three techs but no true nose tackles to man up when push comes to shove. I am pretty concerned about the run defense on the interior right now. 

Yeah, I think Armstead will still go a long ways in shoring up our interior, but we are pretty light. Ridgeway just doesn't really excite me. We'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

i’ll say, Kinlaw may be sun 300 but he doesn’t look like it or play like it. Aesthetically, He might be one of most physically imposing dudes i’ve ever seen. 

I think Kinlaw has always played 20 pounds lighter than he actually is :P

But no, he's freakishly cut this year. I don't know if it will translate on the field, but the man is a freak to look at 

• Like 1

Thinking of Wynn, it’s always funny that lynch hasn’t tried to replicate that tomlinson move again. it’s low key a top 5 move for this regime. traded a fifth rounded and secured a big problem position for 5 years. Wynn seems like an obvious candidate to have that rebound. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

https://theathletic.com/3539860/2022/08/26/49ers-53-man-projection/?source=emp_shared_article

Lombardi and Barrows. 

*cut Purdy

*cut Hasty & Mason

6 receivers (Turner as wr6)

*kept 9 OL including Poe

*kept 11 DL and kept only 5 corners (cut the barnacle and castro fields)

I could be onboard will all of that minus cutting Johnson. I'd keep him for some insurance in the defensive backfield. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

With one move, everyone's 53 prediction is wrong 😂

Kind of like last year where most people thought Mitchell was a PS RB then out of no where, he was the week 1 starter. You just never know when it comes to Shanny. 

He’s such a tough person to read when it comes to roster construction. 

We all think Sermon is cooked and the team hates him, but watch him be RB2 and kill it. Just goes to show that 95% happens behind closed doors and pre-season games mean absolutely nothing.

• Like 2