The Cut Down to 53 Thread : Claim RB Sermon

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Looking ahead here and hoping... but if Epps and CGJ can prove to be a solid/good safety tandem and we extend them.... safety is set up for, what... like several years? Both young guys. 

Yea. Let’s hope so. Epps will be 27 this year, CGJ 25. 

Deal was a 2023 5th and 2024 6th for CGJ and a 7th. 

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Looking ahead here and hoping... but if Epps and CGJ can prove to be a solid/good safety tandem and we extend them.... safety is set up for, what... like several years? Both young guys. 

I think that's being fairly optimistic. I think ONE of them will be serviceable as a starter long term, but both? Ehhhhh I wouldn't hedge my bets on it for sure.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think that's being fairly optimistic. I think ONE of them will be serviceable as a starter long term, but both? Ehhhhh I wouldn't hedge my bets on it for sure.

I'd be pretty shocked if CGJ isn't a starting caliber safety in the NFL. He was already a very good slot and he saw reps at safety(Saints used him in a similar role to how we used Scott this offseason). Will he be a good-elite starting Safety? I doubt it, but I would be very surprised if he isn't instantly our best Safety we have had since Malcolm.

Epps has apparently been great all camp. He played well when he was on the field last year so I have hope he continue to grow off that, but he is definitely getting a lot more on his plate this year. At least we have a reason for optimism at a position we have sucked at for years now lol.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'd be pretty shocked if CGJ isn't a starting caliber safety in the NFL. He was already a very good slot and he saw reps at safety(Saints used him in a similar role to how we used Scott this offseason). Will he be a good-elite starting Safety? I doubt it, but I would be very surprised if he isn't instantly our best Safety we have had since Malcolm.

Epps has apparently been great all camp. He played well when he was on the field last year so I have hope he continue to grow off that, but he is definitely getting a lot more on his plate this year. At least we have a reason for optimism at a position we have sucked at for years now lol.

I was under the impression CGJ was better at Safety and that's what he was projected as coming out of College by most people. His PFF ratings are a bit meh, but I truthfully haven't seen him play.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I was under the impression CGJ was better at Safety and that's what he was projected as coming out of College by most people. His PFF ratings are a bit meh, but I truthfully haven't seen him play.

He saw limited snaps at Safety in NO and was essentially their Maddox. He was good at what he did and I know Saints fans loved him. The question really is how does he translate to a full time FS... we will see, but he has tons of talent around him to lean on if he is lacking at all.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am surprised by this. Either we are going with 9 OL or we are keeping Awosika.

I guess Awosika is possible. He was playing at tackle in preseason. Anderson is really only guard or center. Don't think I'd ever want Awosika starting though.

Cameron Tom played fairly well at center too, so they'll probably try and fit Anderson on the PS and if he's claimed then they just go with Tom?