The Cut Down to 53 Thread : Claim RB Sermon

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Someone has to actually be injured to go on IR correct? You can't just put someone on IR because you want to... so I am guessing someone on the OL or DL is hurt or something? Maybe an LB?

Still just a weird move. They must like Book but you have to wonder if they could have let him get through waivers to put him on the PS. This obviously means the staff is done with Sinnett.

There were a couple guys that were banged up. With the new rules it’s a later problem.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

There were a couple guys that were banged up. With the new rules it’s a later problem.

Ya the new IR rules are very flexible just odd that we are adding a QB to the active roster like this. If we aren't moving Minshew having 4 QB's at practice is just.... odd.

Zero chance Dallas goes into week 1 week no backup QB on the 53 man. That would be absurd.

I'm assuming their is a player they are worried about getting plucked off waivers if released now and are waiting a few days/week for teams to fill their PS. This way when Rush is added, that player cut can most likely end up a Cowboys PS player after clearing waivers.

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya the new IR rules are very flexible just odd that we are adding a QB to the active roster like this. If we aren't moving Minshew having 4 QB's at practice is just.... odd.

Yeah, I guess they just wanted Book. He probably wasn’t coming here to just join the practice squad.

Way Jalen plays, I get them going heavy there. Minshew and Book aren’t going to win you a season, but both can come in and hold down the fort for 1-3 weeks I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Zero chance Dallas goes into week 1 week no backup QB on the 53 man. That would be absurd.

I'm assuming their is a player they are worried about getting plucked off waivers if released now and are waiting a few days/week for teams to fill their PS. This way when Rush is added, that player cut can most likely end up a Cowboys PS player after clearing waivers.

I mean they will activate the QB's off the PS. They won't lack a backup. They can't do it forever but it is something you can do now.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Damn son. That’s 6 they have to cut off the 53. They’re going to be bad. 

They really need to just trade us Roquan for Dillard. Solidify themselves Will Anderson (although they probably already have him on lock)

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Taylor was such a disappointment. 

He was a raw player in college. It was never gonna come together for him his rookie year. He showed some promise during last season when he got some playing time, but pretty abruptly got hurt. Supposedly did good in camp, but was godawful in the Browns preseason game. I’m sure they are hoping he’ll clear waivers and he might, but I can see another team putting a claim in.