Final wave of Cuts

textaz03

Right now main questions....   Rush or Grier..  NOT keeping 3 QB's.... toss up in my mind

NOT keeping 4 RB's.  Davis was impressive but as we didn't see Dowdle its a lock he his in and there isn't room with the roster to keep 4 so my main surprise cut is RB Davis who should make practice squad maybe.....

My final options..  Fehoko over Vasher, Smith Houston at WR.   Keeping 6...

Keeping 4 TE's   with McKeon and Hendershot...   Though I put Hendershot on the hot seat.

I've got 9 OL, with Waletzko being the last one in.   DO we put Tyron on IR so we can add in Collins?? or sign a FA cut.

Unlike the Cowboys com, I see DL as being easy I've got 10 with Fowler Jr and Ridgeway on the outside looking in with Hill being the last one standing on that group. 

LB is the tough one, I've got 5 with right now Gifford over Harper...  but that might change quickly.

CB yes 6 with Bland over Goodwin... 

S 5 with Bell being the last one standing.

SO...   does Hendershot make it over Goodwin and or Harper is my question.  DO we keep 3 QB's and loose Hendershot.   With Tyron Smith out I don't see Waletzko not making it..   and also McKeon is iffy to me but his experience as a solid blocker probably gets him in.  I would personally keep Davis at RB over him, but thats just me.  The Smith injury also effects this as well as the team will want another blocker to assist on the edge.

Edited by quiller

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Right now main questions....   Rush or Grier..  NOT keeping 3 QB's.... toss up in my mind

NOT keeping 4 RB's.  Davis was impressive but as we didn't see Dowdle its a lock he his in and there isn't room with the roster to keep 4 so my main surprise cut is RB Davis who should make practice squad maybe.....

My final options..  Fehoko over Vasher, Smith Houston at WR.   Keeping 6...

Keeping 4 TE's   with McKeon and Hendershot...   Though I put Hendershot on the hot seat.

I've got 9 OL, with Waletzko being the last one in.   DO we put Tyron on IR so we can add in Collins?? or sign a FA cut.

Unlike the Cowboys com, I see DL as being easy I've got 10 with Fowler Jr and Ridgeway on the outside looking in with Hill being the last one standing on that group. 

LB is the tough one, I've got 5 with right now Gifford over Harper...  but that might change quickly.

CB yes 6 with Bland over Goodwin... 

S 5 with Bell being the last one standing.

SO...   does Hendershot make it over Goodwin and or Harper is my question.  DO we keep 3 QB's and loose Hendershot.   With Tyron Smith out I don't see Waletzko not making it..   and also McKeon is iffy to me but his experience as a solid blocker probably gets him in.  I would personally keep Davis at RB over him, but thats just me.  The Smith injury also effects this as well as the team will want another blocker to assist on the edge.

I agree with most of this except two things I would change...

First, cant see Fassel letting Goodwin get cut. He is too good on ALL of the special teams units to not make the final squad. He covers kicks and punts, blocks on punt protection packages, and blocks on return units. He can change the tide of a game on that vastly undervalued third phase of the game with either a good play or a trick play.

Hendershot is the other change I would make. This team has depth and experience at the position, and all those ahead of him have, like above, greater value to the special teams units. Unless they see him coming in on offense as a motion-end to lead block for Zeke, as much potential as is there, the value to the roster isnt there right now.

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Who’s your surprise cut?

I’m thinking Donovan Wilson. Though maybe Dallas can find a buyer for a late rd pick. Not likely though. 

I believe Big Cat Williams(?) and TJ Vasher were cut yesterday as well. 

I keep forgetting Wilson is even on the team... 

C . Watkins (DT)

T Coyle (DB)

M. Davis(RB)

A.Collins (OL)😠

S. Mckeon( TE)

Some of the surprise cuts

I am highly upset about the Collins cut. He has been the 2nd best O-lineman in all the preseason games( Other than Smith) I think he could have been the better replacement at LT for Tyron. He look good at RT but his normal position is on the left side like he did in Minnesota. I just don’t understand why they are holding on to Ball and Weletzko. Doesn’t make sense. 

Edited by eagles suck

34 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

I get the ages. Just stating that Collins is a better player Waletzko I get it we need to see more but Ball has been horrible.

I agree that Ball probably doesn’t have much of a future. But Collins is not a savior himself. They went with the young guys.

I honestly expect they will add someone.

Okay didn't see  Watkins getting cut...  not shocked by McKeon as we obviously went with a better pass catcher.   I guess Hill is indeed safe then.   I really thought Watkins was one of our top performs routinely on the DL>   And this might be early with Davis being cut.  I just wonder if any of the above come back after T Smith and Gallup go on injured list.  They had to be on the roster for a day ....

I don’t want to post all of Matt Owen’s Twitter posts tracking cuts

QB - Rush and Grier
OL - Lindstrom and Alarcon
ST - CJ Goodwin
LS - Jake McQuaide
WR - Brandon Smith and Dontario Drummond
K - Brett Maher

Assume a few of these make it back around. One of QBs, Maher most likely. Some odd maneuvering with a few of them imo

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

QB - Rush and Grier
ST - CJ Goodwin
LS - Jake McQuaide
K - Brett Maher

Assume a few of these make it back around. One of QBs, Maher most likely. Some odd maneuvering with a few of them imo

Well this means Tyron Smith and Gallup will not go in pup list. Goodwin being cut should surprise a few.    With what we saw so far Bond is safe.  30 min to get the full story 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

QB - Rush and Grier
ST - CJ Goodwin
LS - Jake McQuaide
K - Brett Maher

Maher can fall off a cliff. I’d like Grier to come back, though. I always liked him and his moxie.