College Football Week 1 Thread: HERE WE (REALLY) GO!

MikeT14

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Once again I maintain, Ryan Day is not all that great a coach.

But I get what he’s saying. Urban Meyer had similar problems too. Virginia Tech is the most famous example for him.

The kids get hyped up like crazy and Columbus revolves around OSU football so they gas these kids up.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The last decade? Did you see those 90s Cooper teams? Pace, George, korey Stringer, Terry Glenn, David Boston, Joey Galloway…and they’d lose 2 games each year…and that’s not even counting future pro bowl linebackers and DBs either.

Lacked top QB play

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Once again I maintain, Ryan Day is not all that great a coach.

He’s not at all. I’ve been banging that drum for a few years. He’s the reincarnation of Cooper. Not an Ohio guy not a culture guy, great recruiter, puckers in big games calling plays.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

He’s not at all. I’ve been banging that drum for a few years. He’s the reincarnation of Cooper. Not an Ohio guy not a culture guy, great recruiter, puckers in big games calling plays.

But it’s not just Ryan Day. Other than our Natty year, Urban did the same crap. Tressell choked too.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lmao OSU really started playing Mr. Brightside after we gave em that work last year huh.

It's one of the most popular songs in recent memory, that one is a bit hard to claim lol.

Now, if they play Pump It Up (which they did against Michigan basketball, which simultaneously was followed by Michigan coming back to win), well...

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The last decade? Did you see those 90s Cooper teams? Pace, George, korey Stringer, Terry Glenn, David Boston, Joey Galloway…and they’d lose 2 games each year…and that’s not even counting future pro bowl linebackers and DBs either.

With Bobby hoying, Joe Germaine and Stanley Jackson leading the charge, what can go wrong?!

Yeah, but in between there were nice runs and championships with tressel and urbz, so I can't count it as one whole stretch.

Just now, candyman93 said:

But it’s not just Ryan Day. Other than our Natty year, Urban did the same crap. Tressell choked too.

Urban yes Tres no. I can’t tell you a single time that he had the most talented team in the nation. If anything he overachieved. That was the case in 2007. 2006 nobody saw coming but a lot of dudes on that Florida team were high picks.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

With Bobby hoying, Joe Germaine and Stanley Jackson leading the charge, what can go wrong?!

Yeah, but in between there were nice runs and championships with tressel and urbz, so I can't count it as one whole stretch.

Just thinking of an NFL comp. Alabama is obviously New England and OSU is like Pittsburgh. Incredibly well run, but for whatever reason they struggle to get the job done.

• Like 1