College Football Week 1 Thread: HERE WE (REALLY) GO!

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

UF has been one of the luckiest teams in my life time. Seems like every year there’s a game they should lose but some random play or 50/50 ball goes their way. The Utah fumble at the 1. The Etienne fumble that bounces back to him. Ridiculous. 

We lost a fumble on the first drive. Ventrell dropped an INT early on the last drive. Utah benefitted from extremely biased reffing too. The Gators were the better team today.

Just now, jrry32 said:

We lost a fumble on the first drive. Ventrell dropped an INT early on the last drive. Utah benefitted from extremely biased reffing too. The Gators were the better team today.

I was going to say I think the Gators gifted the Utes 7 points in the 1st quarter but I missed the first drive or so from each team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

I was going to say I think the Gators gifted the Utes 7 points in the 1st quarter but I missed the first drive or so from each team.

They did. Montrell Johnson fumbled. They were running roughshod over Utah on that drive. And then on the Utah FG drive (to make it 10-7), the refs missed a blatant holding call and then awarded them a long catch on the same play despite the ball clearly hitting the ground. Of course, they conveniently didn't review the play in time.