2022 Offensive Line

Refugee

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

PFF graded 4/5 of the OL as above average, they hit a couple real nice outside runs. Considering 4/5 of the line made a position switch and our LT was a warm-up scratch, the OL played just fine. WRs and QB killed more drives than they did by far.

That only speaks to the shortcomings of PFF scores.  That OL was nowhere near above average.  The limited game plan should be taken into account.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

That only speaks to the shortcomings of PFF scores.  That OL was nowhere near above average.  The limited game plan should be taken into account.

Say it ain't so. 

You mean getting the ball out in 1.5 seconds isn't the same as AR sitting back there, taking a nap, and grooming his beard in 2020? PFF might not be completely accurate on OL scores?

• 2 months later...

Not surprisingly, our fortunes started to change when this unit started getting back to having its full compliment of players. The whole think almost got derailed by 69’s appendix, but ZT would have none of it. Tom also stepped in for Nijman last game and played so well the coaches never took him out. I have no idea if this means he gets the start vs Detroit and hopefully beyond but I think they still like Yosh there.

If that’s the case we have Bak, Jenks, Myers, Runyan, Yosh as our starting line.  That’s a solid group with plenty of experience. Newman has not been great but is still developing and is solid coming off of the bench, which hopefully doesn’t need to happen.  I’ve said it before, but if Tom is the 6th man, I’d have some run heavy set with him at TE.  The youngster can really move out there.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

It's weird how quiet some of those FIRE GUTE folks have gotten lately. So weird.

Still believe it is the right thing going forward.  No sense arguing it on this forum.    That is a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Nobody is going to change their opinion based on this season.