2022 Offensive Line

Refugee

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

From what I remember, and not I'm not trying to pick a fight with you this AM 😂, Jenkins was a LG and they moved Runyan to RG. Myers was the only person is same spot as last week. 

I thought Tom acquitted himself well for his first start with little notice. I thought Nijman was a liability at RT. Runyan was OK. 

For some reason I wasn't able to edit or post when using Chrome.  Had to use a different "secure" browser to be able to post again.

But...you are right.  And that is what I meant to type.  Just mixed them up.

Which is why not noticing Runyan was a big deal to me.  He was playing RG, not LG.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jenkins just mad because he didn't get his big money extension this off-season????

If this was Techmo Bowl, he'd be listed as "terrible".  Can't figure him out this year.

Spell Tecmo wrong again and you're going on ignore

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For some reason I wasn't able to edit or post when using Chrome.  Had to use a different "secure" browser to be able to post again.

But...you are right.  And that is what I meant to type.  Just mixed them up.

Which is why not noticing Runyan was a big deal to me.  He was playing RG, not LG.

Had similar issue myself for about an hour. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think he is still recovering from the ACL.  I don’t think he is even a year out from the injury, is he?   

It's been a little over 11 months since the ACL tear. 

Even if he is fully healthy, I think it takes even longer to get performance back to what it was.

3 hours ago, Striker said:

It wasn't just the eye test with Tom, he really did play well. Dude is going to be a legit LT by next year. Tough break with Bak, but it's time to face the music. 

BTW, an above average grade for Nijman is pretty good too considering he moved from right to left side. I think you put a second-round tender on him and let somebody sign him and take the #2. Walker and Jones in the background. I think they both can play at this level with more seasoning. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

The line held up well yesterday against a good Commanders front.

I don't think the line played particularly well.  Too many penalties putting them behind the chains.   Very little running room.

They were better than the week previous against the Jets.   

So, they made the one switch everyone was calling for- get newman out?

But Bakh was also out and so Tom played LT?  So they moved Nijman to right AND jenkins to RG?

Isn't Tom a capable RG?  Seems like a LOT of shuffling went on here.  Nijman is clearly better on the left, IDK why you would move him in any scenario.

Edited by skibrett15

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

But Bakh was also out and so Tom played LT?  So they moved Nijman to right AND jenkins to RG?

Isn't Tom a capable RG?  Seems like a LOT of shuffling went on here.  Nijman is clearly better on the left, IDK why you would move him in any scenario.

Because the entire week of gameplanning involved Bahk at LT and the other 4 guys starting where they played in the game. The line played fine, little weak up the middle but they really blocked the alleys well outside and kept Rodgers upright.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because the entire week of gameplanning involved Bahk at LT and the other 4 guys starting where they played in the game. The line played fine, little weak up the middle but they really blocked the alleys well outside and kept Rodgers upright.

And they got Royce out !!!

Really like starting Tom at LT: a lot easier finding an LG than a LT. Besides, now Nijman can play every game and secure that spot: he's one of the best five and deserves playing time esp at his age. It allows Bakh to ease back with fewer musical chairs down the road. Injuries aside, this is probably their best line up for the rest of the year: let these guys settle in and learn their spots. At least Bakh/Tom, Jenkins, Meyers play at their best positions and ones they are familiar with, while Nijman and Runyan cannot be worse than the guys they replace. It makes too much sense and maybe they didn't pull the trigger earlier because of Tom: who knows?

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Also, if 69 is back soon, he’s LT. I’m assuming they might be planning for:

Runyan can keep his job and Newman 1st backup at G, Tom first backup at T. 
This is based on Bak’s knee not being a disaster, so might be inaccurate but I believe this is the preferred line if everyone is healthy. 

Edited by Refugee