2022 Offensive Line

Refugee

34 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think Tom should be playing over Runyan, possibly over Nijman.  Maybe just to see what we have there with him.

I don't think Tom is strong enough to hold up inside at this point in his development. He's got great feet for LT and the EDGE guys TEND to make more quick and bull rushers. 

Tom is the LT of the future. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hitnhope said:

I don't think the line played particularly well.  Too many penalties putting them behind the chains.   Very little running room.

They were better than the week previous against the Jets.   

Penalties I expected due to the shuffle

I thought LaFleur didn’t attempt to stick to running off the edge more. Up the middle with Allen and Payne is a fool’s errand but I thought Jones had opportunities on the outside and they just abandoned it.

Now Lazard is hurt so running out of blockers and bodies at WR

6 hours ago, hitnhope said:

I don't think the line played particularly well.  Too many penalties putting them behind the chains.   Very little running room.

They were better than the week previous against the Jets.   

There were 2 penalties called on the offensive line (not including the last play of the game). They didn't allow a sack. 

Come on

• Like 3

Yes come on.   If you think that was good line play you are delusional.  You lose credibility with posts like this. The Packers only had 45 plays the entire game on offense.   A big contributor were the holding penalties that killed drives. 

Pressure was quick most of the time to the point that the passing game was quick screens.  The only positive about the OL play this week is that it was a little better than the complete failure they put on the field against the Jets.

There was no running room inside at all.  

You sure do have inconsistent grading scales that border on ridiculous.   

What's next?  Are you going to try and sell the fact that the WR crew has actually been good?

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think Tom is strong enough to hold up inside at this point in his development. He's got great feet for LT and the EDGE guys TEND to make more quick and bull rushers. 

Tom is the LT of the future. 

Maybe its just me....I think his best position could be center.  Ours is average at best this year and the communication snafu's on the interior of the line need to be corrected fast or Rodgers won't last the year.

40 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yes come on.   If you think that was good line play you are delusional.  You lose credibility with posts like this. The Packers only had 45 plays the entire game on offense.   A big contributor were the holding penalties that killed drives. 

Pressure was quick most of the time to the point that the passing game was quick screens.  The only positive about the OL play this week is that it was a little better than the complete failure they put on the field against the Jets.

What's next?  Are you going to try and sell the fact that the WR crew has actually been good?

The Packers had all of two holding penalties (one on a running play), allowed no sacks, 1 QB hit, and zero pressures after being shuffled the day of. So they clearly pass blocked well. Their run blocking still leaves a lot to be desired. 

However, considering the matchup and the chaos that ensued with them shuffling the line, I don't think you can ask for much more from a line with four players playing a position different than they did the week before. They need to continue to improve, obviously, but they also need some semblance of consistency in terms of where they all play.

9 hours ago, Striker said:

The Packers had all of two holding penalties (one on a running play), allowed no sacks, 1 QB hit, and zero pressures after being shuffled the day of. So they clearly pass blocked well. Their run blocking still leaves a lot to be desired. 

However, considering the matchup and the chaos that ensued with them shuffling the line, I don't think you can ask for much more from a line with four players playing a position different than they did the week before. They need to continue to improve, obviously, but they also need some semblance of consistency in terms of where they all play.

No argument from any of that.  That is all different than saying we had good OLine play.   

They restricted the play calling to such a degree that pressures and sacks were all but removed from the equation.    They also didn't get to run enough plays to get a real read because of the offensive ineptitude.

13 hours ago, hitnhope said:

PFF graded 4/5 of the OL as above average, they hit a couple real nice outside runs. Considering 4/5 of the line made a position switch and our LT was a warm-up scratch, the OL played just fine. WRs and QB killed more drives than they did by far.

• Like 2