The Move to Arlington Heights - Official Thread

beardown3231

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Might just be a Milwaukee thing. When I lived in AZ I went to Chase Field (then Bank One Ballpark) probably 30 times with the roof closed and it was fine. I had season tix for the inaugural season of the Cardinals’ stadium too and felt the same. For football I actually prefer a domed stadium, both for comfort and because it’s FRIGGIN’ LOUD. Sound is more of a true home field advantage to me than (bad) weather because unless your stadium has a huge road team contingent of fans it’s usually only adverse to one team. 

Its absolutely a Miller Park thing. (it will always be Miller Park to me). Chase and SafeCo both do a great job

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Might just be a Milwaukee thing. When I lived in AZ I went to Chase Field (then Bank One Ballpark) probably 30 times with the roof closed and it was fine. I had season tix for the inaugural season of the Cardinals’ stadium too and felt the same. For football I actually prefer a domed stadium, both for comfort and because it’s FRIGGIN’ LOUD. Sound is more of a true home field advantage to me than (bad) weather because unless your stadium has a huge road team contingent of fans it’s usually only adverse to one team. 

I went to Family Fest at Soldier Field and sat in first section near 50 yard line.  Great seats.  They had a speaker right on top of me playing music full blast nearly whole game.

I couldn't even speak to guy right next to me without speaking directly into his ear.  

I am not in a hurry to go back.  

Kilgore said.

When I think about how long it takes to build a park or a school, it just boggles the mind. That just because you’re a billionaire or a power broker, that all of a sudden you can snap your fingers and say, `This is the timeline. ... That the norms and the rules don’t quite apply to us as they do with other people.’ That’s the part that has, just really honestly, stunned me. … It seems like we have to, `Buy now or you’ll lose this deal forever.'”

Aside from point, but I would like to point out in light of above comment a charity I am on board of built a school with a playground in Uganda for about 60k U.S.  And we did it in under 6 months.  Money goes a lot further there obviously.

Pictures of school can be found here.  https://www.sunbeamsuganda.org

You can also donate there.  We have a fundraising dinner this weekend as well in Ingleside.  $50 a head.  

On 4/4/2024 at 9:02 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Side bar, I HATE attending games in Milwaukee when they have the roof closed. It’s like playing baseball in a bowling alley with the awful acoustics and the pumped in air

I live in Minneapolis and I’m here to tell you … US Bank stadium is as awesome as you’ve heard and more.

If the Bears can build something comparable, Chicagoans are going to be seriously happy campers.

Edited by IotaNet
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, IotaNet said:

I live in Minneapolis and I’m here to tell you … US Bank stadium is as awesome as you’ve heard and more.

If the Bears can build something comparable, Chicagoans are going to be seriously happy campers.

I’ll believe it when it happens.   I remember the soldier field renovations and they were such a let down.  

Aesthetically they made Soldier Field so much worse.  

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I’ll believe it when it happens.   I remember the soldier field renovations and they were such a let down.  

I may be in the minority here, but I actually enjoy watching games in the current Soldier Field, and aesthetically inside the stadium I am a fan. It’s all the other stuff about watching a game there (transit, exterior aesthetic, bathroom and concession situation) that annoy me.

With that said, I can’t wait for the new place. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IotaNet said:

Well Im here in St. Louis, and I grew up with The Dome . . . . . So to me Soldier Field is immaculate.

Sometimes you dont always know how good you've got it until you see the dregs of the league.

But I do understand the Bears need a new stadium, just saying it could be alot worse.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

That’s just it. We have the same guy that ran the stadium show for Minneapolis. Kevin Warren is a self-confessed “stadium nerd” and he did a phenomenal job for the Vikes. That’s why the Bears hired him … to do the same.

Edited by IotaNet

42 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I may be in the minority here, but I actually enjoy watching games in the current Soldier Field, and aesthetically inside the stadium I am a fan. It’s all the other stuff about watching a game there (transit, exterior aesthetic, bathroom and concession situation) that annoy me.

With that said, I can’t wait for the new place. 

It did get a lot more comfortable after changes.  The interior was much improved.   Lots of chairs and tables when it is cold. 

It is really ugly though to put that giant bowl inside classical architecture.  That was a rough call.  

The transit from suburbs driving is a nightmare.  Worst of all Chicago venues by far.  Lakeshore gets so backed up. 

Getting there from city using public transportation is much better if you are willing to walk a bit. 

The best Chicago game experience when young IMO is Wrigley Field by far, unless you are sitting in shade in Spring.  That sucks.  It is freezing.   In bleachers in sun is a really good time.  

Nice thing about the baseball stadiums is the El brings you right there.  

Best when you are older is in a suite in United Center for a Blackhawks game and maybe a Bulls game - never done that in a suite I imagine it is similar.

I would say Sox is next overall then Bears is last.   I would much rather watch a Bears game at home than go to a game.  I turn down tickets like once a year.  Usually in winter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It did get a lot more comfortable after changes.  The interior was much improved.   Lots of chairs and tables when it is cold. 

It is really ugly though to put that giant bowl inside classical architecture.  That was a rough call.  

The transit from suburbs driving is a nightmare.  Worst of all Chicago venues by far.  Lakeshore gets so backed up. 

Getting there from city using public transportation is much better if you are willing to walk a bit. 

The best Chicago game experience when young IMO is Wrigley Field by far, unless you are sitting in shade in Spring.  That sucks.  It is freezing.   In bleachers in sun is a really good time.  

Nice thing about the baseball stadiums is the El brings you right there.  

Best when you are older is in a suite in United Center for a Blackhawks game and maybe a Bulls game - never done that in a suite I imagine it is similar.

I would say Sox is next overall then Bears is last.   I would much rather watch a Bears game at home than go to a game.  I turn down tickets like once a year.  Usually in winter.

I live in the west suburbs and gave up on driving to games like 20 years ago. I take the train to Ogilvie then walk to the green line, get off at Roosevelt, then it’s like a 10-15 min walk. Not so bad. WAY better than driving, and doesn’t cost me $60 either. 

• Like 1

I am in favor of property tax breaks in Arlington, but not 2 billion in free money for a billionaire family to build stuff for profit.  They can take out a loan and pay it off overtime.  

I don’t care if they get favorable interest rates or any of that.  But they should pay for their stuff.  Not me.  Unless they are sharing profits with me.  Then I will chip in.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I live in the west suburbs and gave up on driving to games like 20 years ago. I take the train to Ogilvie then walk to the green line, get off at Roosevelt, then it’s like a 10-15 min walk. Not so bad. WAY better than driving, and doesn’t cost me $60 either. 

I am in West suburbs too.  Farther than you I think.  I’ll try to make it out to camp one day this year again.    Sometimes hard when work schedule changes.  

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am in West suburbs too.  Farther than you I think.  I’ll try to make it out to camp one day this year again.    Sometimes hard when work schedule changes.  

I’m guessing with CW coming in it’ll be harder to get tix again this year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m guessing with CW coming in it’ll be harder to get tix again this year. 

It’s always hard.  You have to sign on right when they drop and even than I have never been able to get a weekend day.