The Move to Arlington Heights - Official Thread

beardown3231

29 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Authority was the wrong word for FOTP.  I guess the ordinances would be better suited for the question.

DLL is on target. They have no official function but they are incredibly well connected and funded. I once worked with someone trying to do something near public land that was a mosquito fart compared to the leviathan that this would be and it got tied up, with the promise of years of battle, until they quit.  Picture the mafia but uptight rich ladies who live near the zoo and really like fighting anything that crosses their path. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

DLL is on target. They have no official function but they are incredibly well connected and funded. I once worked with someone trying to do something near public land that was a mosquito fart compared to the leviathan that this would be and it got tied up, with the promise of years of battle, until they quit.  Picture the mafia but uptight rich ladies who live near the zoo and really like fighting anything that crosses their path. 

I just looked up their board of advisors on their website.  Hippies and Karens.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

For this to come out now, even with the obvious Williams misdirection to follow, there has to be some support for it going forward. It adds nothing to show the fans some stadium renderings or whatever is coming tomorrow if it’s just a pipe dream.

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

For this to come out now, even with the obvious Williams misdirection to follow, there has to be some support for it going forward. It adds nothing to show the fans some stadium renderings or whatever is coming tomorrow if it’s just a pipe dream.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but JB, and Springfield as a whole, has seemed to be strongly opposed to publicly funded stadiums.  At least with the White Sox they were (but tbf, who would want to pay for their stadium right now?).  I know not to trust politicians, especially in this state, but that also appears to be a trend nationwide - fanbases are rejecting their sports teams' pleas to subsidize their stadiums.  

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

You forgot to write "wealthy" before hippies, and then cross it out and re-write "really wealthy"

I actually love their mission in theory and do appreciate how much of Chicago is public but holy cow you do not want to know how the sausage is made.  I said "mob" before but it's also like you're supposed to kiss the Pope's ring with them. Prety sure a op team of elderly ladies in haute couture are going to break my legs in the morning for even saying this.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Maybe, but City is currently 700 million in debt from deal they weren’t able to stop and they are wanting to add billions to tab.  

So basically the Raiders stadium but on the lake front...

$2 billon from the Bears

No new or increased taxes for the city

That does seem like the win win win that Warren has always said he wants...

On a side note...your mayor is way better than any of ours hahahaha

So, first impressions is the trailer is saying all the right buzzwords, and it's an extremely impressive trailer and render.  Particularly in comparison to Lightfoots idiot death bridge of the harbor render. 

Trying to figure out what the mood of the trailer reminds me on and the best I could come up with T2, so until further notice I'm calling this exercise SolderField 2: Payment Day

It solves the capacity problem, and the weather problem, and parking is underneath the stadium which has it's plusses and minuses.  I guarantee some jamokes light grills under there, probably right under the sprinker heads.  It doesn't solve access that I can see and I'm kind of skeptical as to whether they can push the stadium that close to Lake Shore, or put that much parking underground right next to a fairly large and wet amount of water. 

I need to ask a few friends in big construction what stuff like that costs, as it seems like they're not adding on enough Chicago hassle tax compared to Arlington.  A client of mine who builds hospitals and med centers literally says it's twice as expensive to build in Chicago something with capacity and features like Elmhurst hospital. 

Still think they're angling for AH to bend over and take it, but a few more syncopated drum beats and dramatic horns and I might change my mind. 

• Like 1

72% of all funding coming from the Bears/NFL themselves means the majority of the profits should go back to the Bears...

Truth be told I think the Ownership & Warren don't want to be greedy and own the fully stadium...listening to Warren he sees this as something bigger than a stadium...he clearly wants to help the city and for me I would rather a City got some benefits from it that putting more money into the pockets of billionaires.