The Move to Arlington Heights - Official Thread

beardown3231

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It doesn’t matter if it is real.  The perception is real.  

I know, we've talked about how the perception is there.  I'm talking about how that perception gets created,  and saying the endless  echoing of cable news points every time Chicago gets mentioned has as much to do with it as anything.  Not sure we need it here as it's essentially just bringing poltiics and the endless culture war into a football forum. 

4 hours ago, malagabears said:

So much mis-direction I honestly don't what is going on:

The Bears are trading Arlington Heights to Las Vegas for Circus Circus and a Criss Angel residency. They’re gonna build a new stadium on Justin Fields meanwhile the taxpayers will all receive a pair of White Sox and a jar containing a piece of the lakefront—fought for by Kevin Warren. He’s demanding that everyone call their jar of the lakefront their own “Warren Piece”

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I know, we've talked about how the perception is there.  I'm talking about how that perception gets created,  and saying the endless  echoing of cable news points every time Chicago gets mentioned has as much to do with it as anything.  Not sure we need it here as it's essentially just bringing poltiics and the endless culture war into a football forum. 

That wasn’t my intent.  I went to family fest last year.  The issue for me personally is convenience not fear.  

Just saying it is a real thing.   

is this not what Warren did in MN tho? They had a site in the burbs, then did a publicly owned stadium in the city but managed to pay off all the debt 23 years early. just dont know if it's privately owned now because that debt is paid off

imo the bears need that privately owned stadium

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

The reason they brought Warren in was to get the stadium deal done, yes. BUT it was also to enhance the value of the franchise so they could sell it.

This deal doesnt really do that. Seems like we are far from the finish line wit this whole thing

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

is this not what Warren did in MN tho? They had a site in the burbs, then did a publicly owned stadium in the city but managed to pay off all the debt 23 years early. just dont know if it's privately owned now because that debt is paid off

They want it for sure.  

It costs a lot. 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:32 AM, dll2000 said:

That wasn’t my intent.  I went to family fest last year.  The issue for me personally is convenience not fear.  

Just saying it is a real thing.   

You've got really well developed thoughts and opinions as well as lots of experience, which is why I-and I'm sure I'm not alone-pay special attention to your football thoughts and even if I disagree I'll give it a lot of thought.  You're one of my favorite people to read on the net for Bears stuff.  So I hope you'll take it as a sign of respect that it bugs me when that stuff comes from you, and frankly I hate that my city for a whooooole lot of people is just a politically useful meme.  Don't think we're going to find common ground on it so I'm just going to say my piece,  and go back to agreeing with you on nearly everything else we talk about on here.

• Like 2

I really want Arlington Stadium to be built.

At same time I am against a lot of free money for Billionaires.

I am okay with some tax breaks.  That is just reality.

Edited by dll2000

I think Arlington is betting favorite still.

I think it will ultimately come down to where they can get best public deal.  A lot of that is political so I don’t really know how that will shake out.  

I know if it was me, I see better long term economic return (for Bears) in Arlington than in Chicago.    

I think the public probably loses money either way, but that is way of things.

21 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

That’s so weird the timing of all this. 🤔

Im so ready for this all to be over with.  Just strike a deal already.

A deal deal for everything involves 100s of millions of public dollars.   It won’t happen quick.  

You can get part way and start digging though.