The Move to Arlington Heights - Official Thread

beardown3231

They began this presentation with a reverend saying a prayer.  He started somewhere along the lines of, “help this city get what it so desperately needs . . . A new football stadium. . .”

Are you ******* kidding me??  A city so plagued by gun and gang violence where there are mass shootings, children aged in the single digits getting shot and killed, **** they haven’t even laid to rest Ofc. Huesca who was executed on his way home from work on Sunday…..and they’re calling on god to “get this city what it so desperately needs”?!?  **** them.  Im not even religious in the least but and i find that absolutely preposterous.  I know this is just a side tangent to the big picture, but i had to rant a bit.

Pay for your own damn stadium.  If they had a good record of paying their debt (they don’t) maybe I’d consider it.  But if i had a vote, id vote no.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

They began this presentation with a reverend saying a prayer.  He started somewhere along the lines of, “help this city get what it so desperately needs . . . A new football stadium. . .”

Are you ******* kidding me??  A city so plagued by gun and gang violence where there are mass shootings, children aged in the single digits getting shot and killed, **** they haven’t even laid to rest Ofc. Huesca who was executed on his way home from work on Sunday…..and they’re calling on god to “get this city what it so desperately needs”?!?  **** them.  Im not even religious in the least but and i find that absolutely preposterous.  I know this is just a side tangent to the big picture, but i had to rant a bit.

Pay for your own damn stadium.  If they had a good record of paying their debt (they don’t) maybe I’d consider it.  But if i had a vote, id vote no.

I missed that.

I can't say on this site what I think about that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I agree it is business...of course Warren wants the Bears to come out this looking great and making plenty of money...I just don't believe he will step on people to do so...now if it was anyone else without a track record I would be cynical as hell about all of this...but I look at what he did in Minnesota and it holds weight with me...of course it could all go wrong and one or all parties don't get what they want out it...but I am willing to air on the side of being positive given his past.

Sorry man, just because you smile at me while you slit my throat doesnt mean youre still a good guy

None of these teams NEED new stadiums, so were getting off on the wrong foot right there. 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Sorry man, just because you smile at me while you slit my throat doesnt mean youre still a good guy

None of these teams NEED new stadiums, so were getting off on the wrong foot right there. 

I just can't agree man...like I said nothing in his past would suggest he isn't going to be a man of his word...

I also think the Bears desperately need a new stadium...

But hey let's see how it plays out...it's about all we can do hahaha

7 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I am also not religious at all but I do agree the opening was in really bad taste considering everything else going on in the world let alone that city. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

He also prayed for Super Bowls  and that we win Super Bowls.. 

They also commented several times that the City has to win the kids before the streets do

As far as the stadium, I want AnYTHING besides the current VERY UGLY decrepit monstrosity we play in..

Bears are paying Lions share to start and still remain 'renters' so I see so very important give AND take

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Have you seen our stadium ??

One of the worst things architecturally I have ever seen ! and very expensive to maintain..

Warren's  track record, the facts that Minnesota stadium is still a top stadium 8yrs later, AND having paid it off 20+ yrs early is the KEY data for me

Chicago is, always will be a top 5 US City ! Everyone in Chicago is in harmony with regard to its LOVE of the Bears, the other city teams are divided..

Warren seems to good to fail  !

Not going to watch it, but that sounds like quite a choice to make there. 

As for what the city NEEDS, I'd say paying to make a sports team make more money is fairly low on the list.  DLL is totally spot on that all of the rosy projections are complete air.  When a group I used to work with was really trying hard to get the Olympics in Chicago for Daley,  one of the main guys flat out admitted to like 20 people that the hotel revenue number projections consisted of him taking some European city's (probably equally fanciful projections for a similar event) and just tripling them, then they made a ton of graphs out of the total.  This was not like, a confession either, it was more of a suggestion for the attitude needed to get the job done.  

Still think and hope they go to Arlington, but I'm not about to get a pastor to pray for it.  Yikes ****, yikes. 

• Like 1

To sum the city of Chicago and the Bears are building a new bigger, better stadium and they are going to pay for both it and the old debt, that they haven't paid since 2003, with no new taxes.

The rendering of new stadium has no visible parking lot.  The new stadium is shown built on the existing parking lot and parks in place of old one.    

If they have a 'Reverend' pray and use buzz words of Green Space, New Jobs, New Revenue and DEI enough times I should be in favor of it and not ask too many questions.  

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I missed that.

I can't say on this site what I think about that.

I'm a Jeffersonian Political Economist.

What I can say about that is that the Liberals can not solve the issues in Chicago.

Sorry if I offended anyone.  It's hard not to bleed into some politics when talking about the new stadium and taxation.

42 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Not going to watch it, but that sounds like quite a choice to make there. 

As for what the city NEEDS, I'd say paying to make a sports team make more money is fairly low on the list.  DLL is totally spot on that all of the rosy projections are complete air.  When a group I used to work with was really trying hard to get the Olympics in Chicago for Daley,  one of the main guys flat out admitted to like 20 people that the hotel revenue number projections consisted of him taking some European city's (probably equally fanciful projections for a similar event) and just tripling them, then they made a ton of graphs out of the total.  This was not like, a confession either, it was more of a suggestion for the attitude needed to get the job done.  

Still think and hope they go to Arlington, but I'm not about to get a pastor to pray for it.  Yikes ****, yikes. 

Chicagoans voted for the Mayor.  They got all the things associated with neo liberal policies.  Sorry again if I offended anyone... god bless... :)

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

To sum the city of Chicago and the Bears are building a new bigger, better stadium and they are going to pay for both it and the old debt, that they haven't paid since 2003, with no new taxes.

The rendering of new stadium has no visible parking lot.  The new stadium is shown built on the existing parking lot and parks in place of old one.    

If they have a 'Reverend' pray and use buzz words of Green Space, New Jobs, New Revenue and DEI enough times I should be in favor of it and not ask too many questions.  

Happy people in parks of all races and creeds, joining together in friendship and inclusion to absolutely bend over for George McCaskey. 

Odd timing but my construction guy called on a non Bears matter, hethinks this would be 4B easy and that it will never ever ever get done by 2028.  He brought it up not me!  He does a ton of projects in the city and was literally laughing about the timeline. 

Every press conference should begin and end asking if they are going to pay off the LAST taxpayer funded stadium project before they begin a new one.  

It is a very pretty stadium, I still think it never gets built here and I hope McCaskey is the first domino to fall in a trend of owners paying for their own playgrounds. 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
  • Like 1

https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/sports/richest-nfl-teams/

• Current Value: $6.3 billion
  • Revenue: $556 million
  • Operating Income: $203 million

I am pretty sure McCaskey's and McCaskey's on Board take salaries.

So there is still $353 million. 

They CAN finance a multibillion dollar stadium on their own.  

They just don't want to.  And I don't blame them.  Other NFL teams have gotten sweat heart deals.

I think Cook County should give them a sweat heart tax deal for investing so much in IL.  

But I don't think Arlington or Chicago or IL, any of them, should take a big loan, pay interest only for 40 years and stick the principal to our grand kids (like Fed Govt. does and keeps doing).

• Like 1