2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we trade down to the 6-8 range and we’ve already addressed the lines in FA somewhat I could be convinced that taking Johnston there is the move. He has obvious WR1 potential. 

Johnston and that who TCU offence has came on leaps and bounds since the start of this season…I remember watching their first game and Johnston looked pretty poor…a QB change and moving him around the scheme and boom he looks like he could be a really good receiver in this league…much more physicality than earlier in the season and I think that is what separates the good from the great at any position in the NFL…

On that point I was really impressed with how physical both TCU & Ohio State were all over the field…I figured Georgia & Michigan would steamroll them but it was good to see two really competitive game…how the playoffs should be.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Johnston and that who TCU offence has came on leaps and bounds since the start of this season…I remember watching their first game and Johnston looked pretty poor…a QB change and moving him around the scheme and boom he looks like he could be a really good receiver in this league…much more physicality than earlier in the season and I think that is what separates the good from the great at any position in the NFL…

On that point I was really impressed with how physical both TCU & Ohio State were all over the field…I figured Georgia & Michigan would steamroll them but it was good to see two really competitive game…how the playoffs should be.

It was a great pair of games. Really wish Harrison Jr would have been able to finish. Him getting concussed is the only reason GA won IMO.

I'll be rooting for TCU to win, though if I had to put money on one team it would be GA.

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It was a great pair of games. Really wish Harrison Jr would have been able to finish. Him getting concussed is the only reason GA won IMO.

I'll be rooting for TCU to win, though if I had to put money on one team it would be GA.

Yeah Harrison was insane yesterday…and has been all season to be fair…he is a clear cut top 5 pick next year.

41 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah Harrison was insane yesterday…and has been all season to be fair…he is a clear cut top 5 pick next year.

Agreed. I'm usually against WRs being top 5 picks, but he's definitely an exception.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I didn’t see game, but seems everyone on twitter is out on Carter.  

Anyone out on any prospect because of only one game doesn’t know what they are talking about…

Wasn’t a great game for Carter but that still lead to 2 QBH & a couple of plays where he forced the back to bounce to the next hole in the run game…also had a blatant hold not called against him & a massive PBU which had he not tapped the ball would have lead to an interference call…

Didn’t have the sack or the crazy play but was still solid enough…conditioning is a clear area he needs to improve but I would take that for the talent he brings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Living in Fort Worth I hope TCU gets absolutely wrecked by Georgia.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone out on any prospect because of only one game doesn’t know what they are talking about…

Wasn’t a great game for Carter but that still lead to 2 QBH & a couple of plays where he forced the back to bounce to the next hole in the run game…also had a blatant hold not called against him & a massive PBU which had he not tapped the ball would have lead to an interference call…

Didn’t have the sack or the crazy play but was still solid enough…conditioning is a clear area he needs to improve but I would take that for the talent he brings.

Pretty much the same with Anderson too. I thought he was hell for them to block so he had a better game between the two IMO, but it was like seeing Khalil Mack last year two years as a Bear. Sometimes he didn't have a chance to make a play but the offense was so concerned about him it made everything easier on the other 10 guys. And he was constantly in the backfield too. Those impacts might nt show up as easily on a statsheet, but it is pretty obvious to anyone really watching.

While Carter was facing a lot of double teams this definitely wasn't a good game for him. But with the two years he has had he isn't exactly an unknown, down games will obviously happen. Hell Donald had several games with 1-2 tackles and then a host where he was dominant. No reason to get too upset over one performance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Pretty much the same with Anderson too. I thought he was hell for them to block so he had a better game between the two IMO, but it was like seeing Khalil Mack last year two years as a Bear. Sometimes he didn't have a chance to make a play but the offense was so concerned about him it made everything easier on the other 10 guys. And he was constantly in the backfield too. Those impacts might nt show up as easily on a statsheet, but it is pretty obvious to anyone really watching.

While Carter was facing a lot of double teams this definitely wasn't a good game for him. But with the two years he has had he isn't exactly an unknown, down games will obviously happen. Hell Donald had several games with 1-2 tackles and then a host where he was dominant. No reason to get too upset over one performance.

I didn't see anything from Anderson he also didn't have a single stat in the game, and I actually didn't see him in the game much at all. I just chalked it up to him staying healthy for the draft. I was hoping to see more from both, maybe Carter does that the next game.

46 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I didn't see anything from Anderson he also didn't have a single stat in the game, and I actually didn't see him in the game much at all. I just chalked it up to him staying healthy for the draft. I was hoping to see more from both, maybe Carter does that the next game.

I also think the Ohio State OL deserves way more credit than they are getting…Luke Wypler is a 2nd-3rd round prospect…Matthew Jones has some traits and they think the best of the 3 could be Donovan Jackson who isn’t draft eligible yet…Ohio State don’t recruit bums and those guys looked better last night than they have all season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

He played less as they pulled away, and did some stuff I didn't like. I think they dropped him into coverage on the first INT. I don't like seeing your best passrusher just put into space to sit in a zone. Drove me nuts when Fangio did it with Mack and seeing Bama do it does too. But he was the one who was in Howards face for the 2nd INT. Bama had him with his hand in the dirt and standing and moved him a fair bit IIRC. I remember his stonewalling a pulling OL when setting the edge too. For the concerns on his size and run defense I was pumped to see that.

NBut yeah, after the onside kick he played less and less. I don't remember anything of him in the late 3rd/4th off the top of my head.

Yeah not a great showing for Carter. Both offenses were very busy all day but when I like of carters particular performance the first thing I think of is him running after the ball carrier at like 4 mph and hyperventilating