2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Is there a world that the Bears trade down from 1, ending up with two first round picks, and use both first rounders on offense (most likely WR and OT), before then hitting the defense heavily and adding another OL prospect or two later on? If so, which prospects are you interested in? We don't much talk about targetting offense in round 1.

It's the world I want to live in.

But.

Limited teams with that exact ammo. One is in the north too so don't think that works. Lots of value for even a special pick 

But.

It's a beautiful dream 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’d be such a great addition to our team IMO. Most player comps for him are Devonta Smith, and I think that’s pretty spot on. 

For me Addison is a little more physical...I think he could be Stefon Diggs/prime Manny Sanders type.

59 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's the world I want to live in.

But.

Limited teams with that exact ammo. One is in the north too so don't think that works. Lots of value for even a special pick 

But.

It's a beautiful dream 

I'm thinking of a world where we're acquiring big assets to move down from 1 to the 8-15 range, and then using some of those acquired assets to get another first round pick, similar to what the Titans did back in the day. Ideally in this situation we'd still have at least one second round pick this year.

However, any trade down from 1 and any subsequent trades should take into account we want to reserve assets to move around in the first round next year, as well.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Last year we all expected Poles to address the offense with our first two picks; he didn't.

It's a very real possibility he does it again this year and does not go defense at the top of the draft.

If he doesn’t go defense in round 1 but we’re still picking in the top 10 who’s the offensive target though? Paris Johnson Jr. is the only OL I have inside the top 10. I’d be surprised if they took a WR that high, though if you’d have told most any of us in August that the Bears could draft JSN and add extra draft capital after a 1st round trade down this April we’d have taken it in a cocaine heartbeat. I still think JSN is gonna be that dude in the NFL (I think CeeDee Lamb comps are legit), even though that selection now would draw a whole lot more criticism after his hamstring issues lingered all of 2022. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

31 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That would make him a Top 10 Lock, possibly even pushing for a Top 5 pick. Not sure I see that in him

Very few saw it in Diggs either when he was coming out but for me Addison is an outstanding route runner who plays bigger than his frame suggests and has all the athletic traits to develop into a #1...like I said I think he will be somewhere between Diggs & early Denver Manny Sanders...I am still not really to say he isn't better than Johnston...just Johnston has traits that can't be taught.

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Quentin Johnston officially declared

Good. Idk if another year would help his stock. It’s as good as it’ll get for him. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Very few saw it in Diggs either when he was coming out but for me Addison is an outstanding route runner who plays bigger than his frame suggests and has all the athletic traits to develop into a #1...like I said I think he will be somewhere between Diggs & early Denver Manny Sanders...I am still not really to say he isn't better than Johnston...just Johnston has traits that can't be taught.

it’s not a bad comparison. I personally think Addison is the top wr talent in the first round but I imagine Johnston JSN or Hyatt go before 

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

it’s not a bad comparison. I personally think Addison is the top wr talent in the first round but I imagine Johnston JSN or Hyatt go before 

Addison and JSN are 1 and 1a for me. Johnston is 3rd just because I think there’s more boom or bust with him than the other two. Higher ceiling, but also lower floor. Hyatt to me is very boom or bust. 

• Like 1

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Addison and JSN are 1 and 1a for me. Johnston is 3rd just because I think there’s more boom or bust with him than the other two. Higher ceiling, but also lower floor. Hyatt to me is very boom or bust. 

Precisely my contention. Johnston just doesn’t look great against press coverage. It’s like that one baseball movie where the guy had trouble with the curve. I forget what it’s called. 
He plays smaller than he is. Hyatt is the fastest guy in the field right now but doesn’t play a part at the next level so much with different schemes, trees, and speed. He’s probably the guy I’d have to watch the most film on of anyone to see how he is when he doesn’t have a 15 yard cushion of separation to see how he really does. 

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Precisely my contention. Johnston just doesn’t look great against press coverage. It’s like that one baseball movie where the guy had trouble with the curve. I forget what it’s called. 
He plays smaller than he is. Hyatt is the fastest guy in the field right now but doesn’t play a part at the next level so much with different schemes, trees, and speed. He’s probably the guy I’d have to watch the most film on of anyone to see how he is when he doesn’t have a 15 yard cushion of separation to see how he really does. 

Saw a scouting report on Hyatt that said he basically ran 2 routes all year (go route and screen). So he’s basically Velus Jones with better hands? That’s oversimplifying it, but maybe not as much as some Hyatt fans would like to believe. Addison and JSN on the other hand have obviously transferable skill sets as strong route runners with good YAC skills. High floor, high ceiling guys. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Robin William's son in Hook...

1e39e2f5-88f4-489f-993b-933bf7b2dd45_tex

😆

• Like 1