Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 11/11/2022 at 11:35 AM, Forge said:

I would like Sutton over DPJ.  if you need to make up points I just think that there's an upside that DPJ probably doesn't have. 

I understand that DPJ has somewhat stabilized in recent weeks due to his catch efficiency (he's caught every target but one over his last 3 games) which may give him a less likely chance of bottoming out while Sutton has been unplayable the last 3 weeks, but he also has two of those awful games as well, so he's not immune. 

But Sutton averages 2 more targets per game and he's still a 1/2 option on that team. He's got nearly double the red zone targets as well. If Denver doesn't throw a lot against Tennessee, I don't know what they are doing. Tennessee has been really tough on the run game this year outside of that Barkley game in week 1, so I'm thinking a Gordon, Edmonds, Murray rotation isn't going to be that effective. 

I maintain that the strategy was sound here, just didn't work 

On 11/15/2022 at 3:09 AM, NYRaider said:

I need to pick up a kicker for this week, thoughts on these options?

Evan McPherson at Pittsburgh 

Younghoe Koo vs Chicago 

Robbie Gould at Arizona

Greg Joseph vs Dallas 

Its a kicker. Just pick the game that has the highest O/U. Although Koo was on a tear earlier in the year.

Edited by mattyice0401

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Pick one, PPR.

Michael Carter @ NEP

Juice Landry vs LAR

Carter. He's at least working as the de facto RB1. And NYJ have no interest in letting Z. Wilson try and win this game. 

Landry is made of wet tissue paper and Jameis likes to push the ball down the field, Olave should benefit greatly if/when Jameis is name starter. 

Who to Start at WR1 / WR2 and FLEX?

Options: D. Samuel, A. Lazard, C. Watson, DPJ, P. Campbell, K. Allen, K. Toney, D. Mooney.

Mooney, Lazard and Samuel all had sub 10 points last week.

Allen hasn't played but two games this year but would be the for sure #1 for the Chargers.

The other 4 WRs SNAPPED last week. 14.9 DPJ, 19.7 Toney, 20.2 Campbell, 32.3 for Watson.

17 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Pick one, PPR.

Michael Carter @ NEP

Juice Landry vs LAR

Leaning Carter, Although Juice is kinda intriguing.

Pick 2, PPR.

Michael Carter @ NEP

Gus Edwards vs CAR

Deandre Carter vs KCC

Leaning Edwards and Deandre Carter.

Landry is hurt again IIRC so I'd go with Carter. 

Carter could be a sneaky play but the Chargers are also trying to get Williams/Keenan back on the field this week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Options: D. Samuel, A. Lazard, C. Watson, DPJ, P. Campbell, K. Allen, K. Toney, D. Mooney.

Mooney, Lazard and Samuel all had sub 10 points last week.

Allen hasn't played but two games this year but would be the for sure #1 for the Chargers.

The other 4 WRs SNAPPED last week. 14.9 DPJ, 19.7 Toney, 20.2 Campbell, 32.3 for Watson.

I actually like Campbell a lot this week, he has finished as a WR1 three straight games with Matt Ryan starting. The Eagles have an elite pass rush and CB duo so I think he's going to get a ton of targets again this week in an effort to get the ball out of MR's hands quickly. The Colts should also be playing from behind for most of the game so they'll likely have to throw the ball 40+ times. 

I definitely wouldn't start Allen or Mooney this week over any other guy on that list. Watson and Lazard are both boom/bust guys as well. 

I think Toney is a solid option this week and is a must start if JuJu and/or MVS don't play. If they both play I think he's still potentially playable but he's another boom or bust guy. 

DPJ has been very consistent over the last month and for whatever reason Amari Cooper has been absolutely terrible in road games this year. The Browns are projected to get blown out so they'll likely have to throw the ball a lot more than they usually do which sets up very nicely for him. 

I'd personally probably lean Campbell, DPJ, and Toney (if no MVS/JuJu). 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do I start Christian Watson vs Tennessee or Gus Edwards vs Carolina?

Watson easily if no Lazard this week. Baltimore backfield is a guessing game, Watson will 1000% get his targets.

22 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

I would go Deebo and Keenan for sure.. KA has made it clear he is not coming back hobbled, so he'll be ready to go. FLEX is kinda a toss up, I'd lean Toney with the KC injuries at WR, Watson is intriguing though if Lazard is out

But that's just me. Can't bring myself to trust anyone on the Colts outside of JT, 

Edited by adamq

20 minutes ago, adamq said:

Watson easily if no Lazard this week. Baltimore backfield is a guessing game, Watson will 1000% get his targets.

I would go Deebo and Keenan for sure.. KA has made it clear he is not coming back hobbled, so he'll be ready to go. FLEX is kinda a toss up, I'd lean Toney with the KC injuries at WR, Watson is intriguing though if Lazard is out

But that's just me. Can't bring myself to trust anyone on the Colts outside of JT, 

Deebo has been very underwhelming this year. And it looks like it got worse sense CMC got there.  Looks like you're a 49ers fan. Why does Aiyuk get the majority of the passes it seems and Deebo and Kittle get nothing? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Deebo has been very underwhelming this year. And it looks like it got worse sense CMC got there.  Looks like you're a 49ers fan. Why does Aiyuk get the majority of the passes it seems and Deebo and Kittle get nothing? 

For one, I think Aiyuk is a better traditional receiver than Deebo. He is beating man to man coverage at an elite level, and is a major red zone target.. something Deebo hasn't really been (in the pass game at least)

2, after last season teams are really focusing in on Deebo and not getting fooled as easily with all the motions.

3, there aren't enough balls to go around for everyone to put up fantasy points every week. With deebo, you kinda just have to start him every week and deal with a stinker once in awhile. For me it's hard to start a parris Campbell, dpj, or Darnell Mooney over a guy like Deebo. 

When it comes to Kittle.. its super frustrating and I don't have an answer other than the QB is just plain awful far too often 😂

Edited by adamq

37 minutes ago, adamq said:

3, there aren't enough balls to go around for everyone to put up fantasy points every week. With deebo, you kinda just have to start him every week and deal with a stinker once in awhile. For me it's hard to start a parris Campbell, dpj, or Darnell Mooney over a guy like Deebo. 

Deebo's outlook ROS is kinda meh to me personally. The rushing volume won't be there because of Cmac/Mitchell and they have a low volume passing attack where he's splitting targets with Ayiuk, Kittle, and CMac. Campbell isn't a sexy name at all but three straight games as a top 12 PPR WR with Matt Ryan starting can't be ignored. 

• Like 1