Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

33 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Goff and Mostert are easy IMO. 

WR is tough but I’d probably go Cooper, Adams, Diggs.  No way I play Kmet over them. He is TD dependent for the most part and the others just have so much upside. 

I agree.. if Jayden Reed were healthy I'd probably go with him over Cooper v Sauce Gardner though 

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Need someone to talk me out of starting Cooper/Chandler over Metcalf.  Not sure which combination of the three makes the most sense this week.  I sat Cooper last week and would have regretted it all year if I lost in the semifinals because of it.

Also need to be talked into starting Ferguson.  Just watching the Ravens and Cowboys over the past couple of weeks, I feel much better about starting Likely over Ferguson even though Ferguson is ranked more highly by the "experts" this week.  Ferguson just looks a step slow while Likely has that extra burst that gives me comfort he is going to keep performing well, and it seems like Lamar really trusts him.

Way too much risk starting Chandler over DK, for me. GB can put up some points on Minny quick, and they won't have a chance to run it 20+ times. DK is still the alpha & Pittsburghs secondary is very banged up

Ferg and Likely is a major toss up for me. Both have QBs/offenses that put a focus on the TE, and both games should be points fests.. I would probably lean Ferg just because I think more points are scored in that game, and he's a very real threat to get 2 TDs v Detroit

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

Made it to the championship but I am full of ?s or tough decisions.

QB- Lamar 

RB- Mostert - splitting carries

RB- Ford - splitting carries

WR- Diggs - has been averaging 5 pts/week

WR- Tee Higgins

TE- Kyle Pitts 

FLEX- Pittman Jr

DEF - Jags

K- Elliot

Sutton, Collins, CEH, Okonkwo, NYJ on the bench.  Not sure about Pittman's or Sutton's health.  Collins should be getting Stroud back.  Higgins is finally reliable but Diggs has done nothing lately.  Both Ford and Mostert split carries and are TD dependent.  CEH could get a huge uptick if Pachecho is out.  Pitts doesn't do much but always has 10+ points when I bench him.

Not feeling great, any thoughts?

18 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think you have the right lineup other than Ferguson.  Detroits D is not very good and I expect a high scoring game.  I don’t think you’re wrong playing either but I’d lean Ferguson for sure. Metcalf is hard to bench for sure but I feel the floor is too high for those you have starting. Maybe play him over Chandler but GBs run D isn’t great so I’d lean Chandler. 

Helpful, thanks.  I think the latest injury news on Cooper is forcing my hand to sit him (the risk of him pulling himself out of the game midway through is too high for me) given how close the decision was for me between the three players.  I’m sure I’ll end up regretting it after the game tonight though. 

You and @adamq have convinced me to feel comfortable starting Ferguson over Likely.  Hoping that Cowboys-Lions game is a shootout.

19 hours ago, skinsfan83 said:

Since Herbert went down I’ve managed to scrape through with Browning. Now I’m thinking of starting Flacco instead. What do you guys think? Jets D is strong but KC are no mugs. 

Quoting myself but if Cooper is limited it will knock Flacco output. Browning is an interception waiting to happen, though. Decisions, decisions…

On 12/27/2023 at 9:59 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

10-Team, 0.5 PPR - Championship Game

QB: J Allen

RB: C McCaffrey

RB: R White

WR: A St. Brown

WR: A Cooper

TE: I Likely

FLEX: J Cook

FLEX:  T Chandler

Bench:

D Metcalf

CEH

Z White

J Warren

G Pickens

J Ferguson

Need someone to talk me out of starting Cooper/Chandler over Metcalf.  Not sure which combination of the three makes the most sense this week.  I sat Cooper last week and would have regretted it all year if I lost in the semifinals because of it.

Also need to be talked into starting Ferguson.  Just watching the Ravens and Cowboys over the past couple of weeks, I feel much better about starting Likely over Ferguson even though Ferguson is ranked more highly by the "experts" this week.  Ferguson just looks a step slow while Likely has that extra burst that gives me comfort he is going to keep performing well, and it seems like Lamar really trusts him.

Looks like Jacobs is out again.  Would you all play White over Chandler for my final FLEX spot?

On 12/27/2023 at 8:13 AM, squire12 said:

12 team, super flex, 0.5 ppr with 1.0 ppr for TE.  Starters:  QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, SFlex,  2 Flex

Options

QB:  Fields, Goff, Flacco, Minshew

RB:  CMC, Mostert, Ford, Singletary, Moss

WR:  AJ Brown, Diggs, Adams, Cooper, OBJ, Reed, Meyers

TE: Njoku, Kmet, Thomas, Waller

Set on the bold.  Debating between Goff and Flacco, leaning Goff. Mostert over the other RB, maybe Singletary if Stroud plays.  WR is a bit of a mess with big names who have been underwhelming in Diggs, Adams, OBJ.   Cooper has a rough matchup.

Might go with Kmet and the 2 TE

Thoughts??

On 12/27/2023 at 1:00 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Goff and Mostert are easy IMO. 

WR is tough but I’d probably go Cooper, Adams, Diggs.  No way I play Kmet over them. He is TD dependent for the most part and the others just have so much upside. 

that sick feeling when you started Goff over Flacco based on the matchup and O/U points.  NYJ/CLE was 34 while DET/DAL was low 50's.