Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Easily McBride at TE

I'd go Brian Robinson

Diontae

I'm right there with you with McBride. I was leaning towards Robinson but just realized he didn't practice due to his hammy. Fak. Even Achane isn't practicing today so I am truly looking grim at RB. At WR though I am leaning Doubs as Watson, Reed and WIcks may all miss the game, leaving almost just Doubs.

Edit: Now Keenan Allen is out for the game vs. the Raiders. Does Josh Palmer rise at all?

Edited by RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In the playoffs, can pick four of these guys to play this week. Settings are .5 PPR, bonuses at 100 (3), 200 (5) and 250 (3) yards, .25 for a receiving first down, 1 point for 40+ yard plays. 

Deebo Samuel vs ARI
Michael Pittman vs PIT

James Cook vs DAL
Puka Nacua vs WAS
Mike Evans vs GB

Drake London vs CAR
Keaton Mitchell vs JAX
Cole Kmet vs CLE
Zeke Elliot vs KC

I have my thoughts but don't want to sway anyone so will just leave it for now. 

Thats what I would do, no doubt. Zeke is probably my 5th

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming Mattison is out, pick two to flex, full PPR:

Ty Chandler vs Bengals

Brandin Cooks vs Bills

Jahan Dotson vs Rams

Cooks for sure  then Dotson for me

7 hours ago, LA Niner Fan said:

Courtland Sutton @ Detroit Lions 
or
Jakobi Myers @ LA Chargers 

Meyers if Jimmy starts. Otherwise Sutton 

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

First world problems here, but please help me rank my RBs. I don’t think I’ve gotten them right all year. PPR - Ekeler, R. White, Gibbs, Achan, J. Cook and Zack Moss.

Crapshoot, sorry. Could easily see any one of them outscore the rest on any given week. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Assuming JT is still out (If not he is my RB2 and flex is more of a discussion):

• TE = Trey McBride vs. 49ers OR Isiah Likely vs. Jaguars
  • RB2 - Brian Robinson vs. Rams OR Keaton Mitchell vs. Jaguars OR Zach Charbonnet vs. Eagles
  • FLEX - Any of the RBs above who won't be RB2 OR Romeo Doubs vs. Buccaneers OR Diontae Johnson vs. Colts OR Joshua Palmer vs. Raiders

TE - McBride
RB2 - Robinson
Flex - Dionte Johnson

Got any thoughts on mine from the previous page?  I have two responses that are both different than my gut. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming Mattison is out, pick two to flex, full PPR:

Ty Chandler vs Bengals

Brandin Cooks vs Bills

Jahan Dotson vs Rams

Dotson, Chandler, Cooks.  Its at Buf and getting cold so don't trust Stroud enough yet in cold outdoor games. Chandler might be the safest choice with Mattison out but I think Dotson has the highest upside. 

Also any thoughts on mine from the previous page would be appreciated. 

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm right there with you with McBride. I was leaning towards Robinson but just realized he didn't practice due to his hammy. Fak. Even Achane isn't practicing today so I am truly looking grim at RB. At WR though I am leaning Doubs as Watson, Reed and WIcks may all miss the game, leaving almost just Doubs.

Edit: Now Keenan Allen is out for the game vs. the Raiders. Does Josh Palmer rise at all?

Without Herbert, Palmer scares me.  

I'd definitely monitor the situation with Robinson but if he plays, definitely play him.  If not I would take a chance on Mitchell.  More upside than Charbonet IMO.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

First world problems here, but please help me rank my RBs. I don’t think I’ve gotten them right all year. PPR - Ekeler, R. White, Gibbs, Achan, J. Cook and Zack Moss.

Thats a nice group of RB's.  For this week, I would go:

Gibbs
White
Ekeler
Achane
Cook
Moss

Gibbs is playing the 32nd ranked team in giving up RB fantasy points and the Lions need to get back on track.  I expect a big game from him. 

White has been steady and scoring well.  Facing a bottom third run defense is a positive for him as well. 

Ekeler is facing the 25th. Not having Herbert could hurt him though with more focus on him but should have a floor with catches in a PPR.  But the loss of a pass game can kill a RB's value. 

Achane has a toe injury which limited him last week and he is just inconsistent in carries.  He has huge upside if he plays though so I would keep an eye on him and move him ahead of Ekeler if he fully practices Thurs/Fri.

Cook is playing the top D in the league against RBs so would avoid him given you have the other options.  He has been rolling as of late but no need to force it with the other options. 

Moss has struggled the last few games without JT, no need to risk it with the other options. 

20 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In the playoffs, can pick four of these guys to play this week. Settings are .5 PPR, bonuses at 100 (3), 200 (5) and 250 (3) yards, .25 for a receiving first down, 1 point for 40+ yard plays. 

Deebo Samuel vs ARI
Michael Pittman vs PIT
James Cook vs DAL
Puka Nacua vs WAS
Mike Evans vs GB
Drake London vs CAR
Keaton Mitchell vs JAX
Cole Kmet vs CLE
Zeke Elliot vs KC

I'd personally go Deebo, Pittman, Cook, and Puka.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only one I'd even be 50/50 on would be Puka or Evans @Sllim Pickens

Your 4 are the four I was leaning.  But I get Cook is facing the D who gives the lowest to RBs so have thought about swapping him and Evans.  But Evans is going against one of the best Ds against WRs and is coming off a horrible week.  And Puka is going against one of the worst in the league at giving up WR points. Its a tough call between them.  And then Zeke had a big game as the lead back and makes me consider him as well if he is in the same role this week. 

22 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Deebo Samuel vs ARI
Michael Pittman vs PIT
James Cook vs DAL
Puka Nacua vs WAS

Mike Evans vs GB
Drake London vs CAR
Keaton Mitchell vs JAX
Cole Kmet vs CLE
Zeke Elliot vs KC

My votes in bold. Deebo and Puka are 100% locks. Cook looks better with the new OC and I would have a hard time ever sitting Evans.

London is coming off a huge game but still.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Deebo Samuel vs ARI
Michael Pittman vs PIT
James Cook vs DAL
Puka Nacua vs WAS
Mike Evans vs GB
Drake London vs CAR
Keaton Mitchell vs JAX
Cole Kmet vs CLE
Zeke Elliot vs KC

I read that as .5 tight end premium for some reason, not .5 ppr.. in that case it changes it for me some. I'd want to get Zeke in there so I'd probably go Evans/Puka/Zeke/Deebo. Zeke is a workhorse for them with Rha out. Pittman sits because the Pitt defense will make Minshew look silly. He gets a massive target share but I'd rather have the big upside with Deebo.

Cook plays Dallas d, and it's hard to trust Mitchell with that timeshare going on. I want no part of London/Falcons considering you're other options, and Kmet has boom potential but TEs are gross and I don't like them 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1