Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If Lazard plays is Watson still someone I should start?

Guess it depends upon what you need. To me Watson is a boom or bust WR3, Think along the same lines as TY Hilton years ago. If youre an underdog and need a lot of points Id put him out there, If its neck and neck and you only need a floor play to not lose you the week id go with someone else.

Edited by mattyice0401

18 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Guess it depends upon what you need. To me Watson is a boom or bust WR3, Think along the same lines as TY Hilton years ago. If youre an underdog and need a lot of points Id put him out there, If its neck and neck and you only need a floor play to not lose you the week id go with someone else.

It's projected basically dead even right now and he'd be in my second flex so essentially my WR4. I'm also starting CMac, Saquan, Adams, G Davis, and Sutton because I don't have Walker or Lockett due to the bye. My other two options are AJ Dillon and Gus Edwards, I'm leaning Watson because I feel like they all have low floors but only Watson has a high ceiling.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's projected basically dead even right now and he'd be in my second flex so essentially my WR4. I'm also starting CMac, Saquan, Adams, G Davis, and Sutton because I don't have Walker or Lockett due to the bye. My other two options are AJ Dillon and Gus Edwards, I'm leaning Watson because I feel like they all have low floors but only Watson has a high ceiling.

AJ Dillon is a non starter for me, He’s a high end backup at this point. 

Abd I’d agree with your assessment, about Watson being the ceiling play.  

34 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

AJ Dillon is a non starter for me, He’s a high end backup at this point. 

Abd I’d agree with your assessment, about Watson being the ceiling play.  

Yeah, AJ Dillon has been super disappointing this year but it's impossible for the Packers to have two fantasy relevant RB's because they're not scoring at an elite level or playing with a lead. He looked like a steal after week one but since then he only has one finish inside the top 24 and that was with a 9 point performance. It'd be significantly better if they utilized him more in the passing game but they're content to just give him his 10-12 carries and that's it. 

Gus Edwards is similar to AJ Dillon in that he's in a committee backfield and really gets zero usage in the passing game. 

I can also potentially pick up Josh Palmer on the waiver wire but he's difficult to project until we know if Keenan and/or Mike are going to play. 

I’m a huge underdog in one of my matchups this week. Actually have no idea how I’m 6-4 because I really should be about 3-7….

D’Andre Swift has been garbage, made the worse trade of the season when I sent Miles Sanders and Mike Williams and received Najee Harris. Got 0 points out of my TE position for multiple weeks and I lost Breece Hall and Ja’Marr Chase in the same week. 

So my 6-4 record is pure luck. I think I’m 10/12 in points for. Anyways, this week being such a huge underdog would you rather pick Michael Gallup up since Dak is my QB and hope for a Dak to Gallup TD connection or play Josh Palmer with the Chargers playing the Chiefs and bank on that game being high scoring and Palmer getting a few chances to score. 

On 11/17/2022 at 5:08 AM, GHARMON9 said:

Deebo has been very underwhelming this year. And it looks like it got worse sense CMC got there.  Looks like you're a 49ers fan. Why does Aiyuk get the majority of the passes it seems and Deebo and Kittle get nothing? 

Kittle just gets lost in the shuffle sometimes. That seems to be a Jimmy thing, I think. 

As for Deebo...

*whispers*

Aiyuk is a better receiver

Have a dilemma here with my choice for defense 

Pats on a short week against a just embarrassed Vikings team? It IS prime time which makes me think I have to play them because we all know about Cousins in prime time. 

Colts are playing a rookie in Pickette on Monday night football at home. Seems like the safer play of the two. 

Should I start Pats or Colts?