Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 11/2/2022 at 7:43 PM, Forge said:

Give me Dillon. 

I am very nervous for Jets players in that game with Buffalo. That's going to be gnarly. You're really counting on Carter getting like 11 dump offs or something lol. I'm concerned that the Jets don't put anything together offensively. 

That game with the Pats was competitive at least and he got 7 carries. 

Against the lions, I think I'd just take the chance that Dillon gets 8-10 carries and a catch and falls into the endzone

Well, this turned out to be a bad call. Turns out Carter was the one who somehow fell into the end zone lol 

Hope you went the other way 

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gabe Davis vs Minnesota

Courtland Sutton vs Tennessee 

I don't know that this can be answered until we know for sure whether Allen is playing. 

I really want to say Sutton because I would hope that the Broncos aren't dedicated to trying to run on the Titans show it should be a pass happy script, but then you remember it's Hackett, and well....

Just now, Forge said:

I really want to say Sutton because I would hope that the Broncos aren't dedicated to trying to run on the Titans show it should be a pass happy script, but then you remember it's Hackett, and well....

Even if Allen plays I'm still worried about Davis based on Allen's performance the last two weeks. He has been so inaccurate and looks like he's having some issues pushing the ball down the field. 

The Sutton situation is weird, after they lost the Colts game a lot of people in the media were criticizing Russ because he was locked onto Sutton the entire game. During the first 5 weeks he averaged over 9 targets per game and in the two games with Russ since that point he only has a total of 7 targets. In one game they had 10 different players with a reception and in the other game 7 guys had a catch.

I don't want to say they're purposely going away from Sutton but it really seems like they're emphasizing getting other guys involved before Russ even looks at him, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Choose 2 PPR

Terrace Marshall vs ATL

Wandale Robinson vs HOU

George Pickens vs NOS

Right now im leaning towards Robinson and Pickens. Dont really wanna start someone on Thursday night.

I'd go Marshall and Pickens. Marshall looks like he could actually be playing to his draft status (2nd round 2020). Baker might just say "eff it" and sling the ball hoping to put some throws on tape for another team next year. Plus it give you a reason to watch that dog doo doo game tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I'd go Marshall and Pickens. Marshall looks like he could actually be playing to his draft status (2nd round 2020). Baker might just say "eff it" and sling the ball hoping to put some throws on tape for another team next year. Plus it give you a reason to watch that dog doo doo game tonight. 

I think the Panthers are still rolling with PJ Walker even after his benching in last weeks game. IIRC, they came out and said PJ Walker is still the starting QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I think the Panthers are still rolling with PJ Walker even after his benching in last weeks game. IIRC, they came out and said PJ Walker is still the starting QB.

Oh I just figured with how bad he looked last week they might roll baker until Darnold comes back and then they have 3 bad QBs to choose from. Gotta keep the opposing defenses guessing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Choose 2 PPR

Terrace Marshall vs ATL

Wandale Robinson vs HOU

George Pickens vs NOS

Right now im leaning towards Robinson and Pickens. Dont really wanna start someone on Thursday night.

I'd definitely start Pickens, I think that his target volume is going to take a massive leap with no Claypool coming off of the bye week. I'd probably also go with TMJ just because he is running the same number of routes as DJ Moore now and I think the Texans/Giants is going to be a low scoring, running, slugfest. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Pick 2 (Full PPR)

Wan'Dale Robinson vs Houston 

Darnell Mooney vs Detroit

Raheem Mostert vs Cleveland 

Devin Singletary vs Minnesota 

Marquez Valdez-Scantling vs Jacksonville 

I'd go Singletary - I think he gets 20 touches ... 15 carries 5 catches (or more depending how Keenum plays). And the other maybe Mooney because I feel like that game could be a shootout. I think Wilson JR has taken over the early down work in Miami and MVS is too unreliable, pus Jax is playing really good defense. Robinson is a cute name but he has not produced enough for me to even consider starting him unless I had to. 

4-5 in 12 team league, 1.0 ppr 

Have Burrow on bye, picked up Brissett.

RB : Foreman, Etienne 

WR: Adams, Mooney

Flex options Aaron Jones,  Sutton, DPJ

Do I stack DPJ with Brissett over Jones and Sutton?

Currently haves Jones in and projections have me losing by about 4-5

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

4-5 in 12 team league, 1.0 ppr 

Have Burrow on bye, picked up Brissett.

RB : Foreman, Etienne 

WR: Adams, Mooney

Flex options Aaron Jones,  Sutton, DPJ

Do I stack DPJ with Brissett over Jones and Sutton?

Currently haves Jones in and projections have me losing by about 4-5

I would like Sutton over DPJ.  if you need to make up points I just think that there's an upside that DPJ probably doesn't have. 

I understand that DPJ has somewhat stabilized in recent weeks due to his catch efficiency (he's caught every target but one over his last 3 games) which may give him a less likely chance of bottoming out while Sutton has been unplayable the last 3 weeks, but he also has two of those awful games as well, so he's not immune. 

But Sutton averages 2 more targets per game and he's still a 1/2 option on that team. He's got nearly double the red zone targets as well. If Denver doesn't throw a lot against Tennessee, I don't know what they are doing. Tennessee has been really tough on the run game this year outside of that Barkley game in week 1, so I'm thinking a Gordon, Edmonds, Murray rotation isn't going to be that effective.