Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Standard league need 1 for the Flex:

Swift vs Miami

Mostert vs Lions

Thx

Henry/Walker starting

I lean toward Mostert just because it feels safer right now? I'm starting him in my superflex league over a second QB (Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields with rough matchups this week). 

Last year Swift came back from his injury (also a shoulder) and Campbell simply didn't use him in the finale and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth when trying to predict what he's going to do this weekend. 

If this were between Swift and someone like Gus Edwards, I'd probably take the upside in Swift, but here I feel like given the opponent, Mostert has a nice upside and a nice floor. 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Last year Swift came back from his injury (also a shoulder) and Campbell simply didn't use him in the finale and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth when trying to predict what he's going to do this weekend. 

If this were between Swift and someone like Gus Edwards, I'd probably take the upside in Swift, but here I feel like given the opponent, Mostert has a nice upside and a nice floor. 

To be fair, last year Campbell didn't need to play Swift at that point.  He needs a win, or at least to look competitive as his staff is under a lot of scrutiny lately.  I think if Swift is healthy, he will get touches.  That being said, Detroits defense is dookie so Mostert should have a day as long as he gets the touches he has been getting. 

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

To be fair, last year Campbell didn't need to play Swift at that point

It's fair to wonder if it wasn't just script related as well.  That game against Seattle got out of hand quick and Swift actually did run a bunch of routes, they just simply didn't throw him the ball. But obviously only getting 25% of the carry share isn't ideal. They clearly hand a mindset that he wasn't going to run the ball that game. 

@Forge

So I'm in a pickle. My WRs are pretty much all hurt or just underwhelming. I have a waiver claim in on Hunter Renfrow so this question is really only if I do get him.

Tyler Lockett is a GTD with a 4:25 EST start time. I currently have Darius Slayton as his injury replacement due to the common start time. If I were to get Renfrow, it'd be a result of losing Slayton. Not a big loss but he's the only other WR with a later kickoff as insurance. So, if I get Renfrow, do I start him over Lockett? Raiders play at 1 PM.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge

So I'm in a pickle. My WRs are pretty much all hurt or just underwhelming. I have a waiver claim in on Hunter Renfrow so this question is really only if I do get him.

Tyler Lockett is a GTD with a 4:25 EST start time. I currently have Darius Slayton as his injury replacement due to the common start time. If I were to get Renfrow, it'd be a result of losing Slayton. Not a big loss but he's the only other WR with a later kickoff as insurance. So, if I get Renfrow, do I start him over Lockett? Raiders play at 1 PM.

I'd probably just roll with lockett. He's been questionable for like 3 weeks now and plays and dk seems like he's not going to play. I'd gamble on the upsid

Honestly, I'm not overly in a hurry to release slayton for renfrow either

• Like 1

Week 9 - PPR - De'Andre Swift or Chris Godwin.  

- I am leaning towards Swift, but losing Hockenson worries me a little bit.  Without having him, it may be easier for defenses to focus on Swift since Detroit can't spread the ball around as much.  I am not sure about their depth at TE so may not be an issue.  

- My concerns about Godwin are his injury history this year and how bad the TB offense has been.  

Appreciate any advice.  Good luck this week everyone!